Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
  • Echo what Iddhtx said - Allow external cameras and mics to be plugged in and used in Camera app, voice memos, 3rd party apps, etc. Have to go use a mac for this sort of stuff which is annoying when wanting to use Zoom. The position of the camera when the IPP is docked with the magic keyboard makes it unusable when video conferencing.
  • Full external monitor control settings
  • Ability to restore or update apple watch/iphone or other ipads
  • Be able to have up to 4 apps in screen mode.
  • Ability to hide apps from the homescreen and just have them listed in settings - not all individually but within apps section within settings

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Have you considered a 3rd party file manager app like FileBrowser or FileExplorer? I use FileBrowser for Business and like it, it can now access attached external storage.
Just wanted to thank you for recommending FileBrowser, which I just am trying out today. It's a very nice UI including the landscape layout and the tabbed views. I'm still exploring but it seems the additional functionality I've played with so far is excellent. I was able to copy 1600 photos from Photos to an external drive in about 5 minutes. This helps reinforce going iPad+MK only.

Reactions: sparksd

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
My iPad Pro wish list is complete. With the Apple Magic Keyboard. But if I had to pick 3 iOS wishes.

#1. Ability to switch or toggle 60Hz Vs. 120Hz or Auto refresh rates.
#2. Louder or Selectable keyboard typing clicks
#2. 4K or 1440p Video out that Fills a 16:9 Aspect Ratio External display.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Just wanted to thank you for recommending FileBrowser, which I just am trying out today. It's a very nice UI including the landscape layout and the tabbed views. I'm still exploring but it seems the additional functionality I've played with so far is excellent. I was able to copy 1600 photos from Photos to an external drive in about 5 minutes. This helps reinforce going iPad+MK only.

Glad it's working for you. I stopped using Files with external storage when I ran into corruption problems with exFAT storage -

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/file-corruption-on-copy-to-external-storage.2235171/

I solely use FileBrowser for Business whenever possible, now.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.