Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dqhario

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2019
Jakarta
After i read in many forums on internet and watching youtube about battery lofe / health, i hv the conclusion:

1. Use original battery adapter
2. Applied tips from internet to increase your battery life. You can browse it so many tips out there.
3. If you are not in hurry is better to not use fast charging adapter. Use the normal adapter. Like when you going to sleep.
4. Better not to charged your battery tp 100%. And charge your battery before reach 30%.
5. While charging don't use your phone for heavy task. Like playing video games, watching youtube, etc.

Chinlung

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2020
Ok so i have a couple things to say, im currently using iPhone 11 pro max which is currently 6 weeks old this day.
1. if you guys dont own iphone 11 series then you guys dont understand any of these. this problem happens only in iphone 11 series . How do i know? well because i have used iphone 7 plus and iphone x before and their battery is good . my iphone 7 plus battery health was at 88% after i have used it for 2 years and my iphone x battery health was at 95% after i have used it for 1 year . what about my pro max? its already at 98% after 6 weeks of usage. so stop telling us who own iphone 11 series to relax because it only happens to us
2. Apple changed the battery manufacturer from DESAY to SUNWODA (taiwan) in their 11 series which maybe the reason why iphone 11 series battery is bad . (no offense , but maybe the battery quality is different)
3. Apple's included fast charging brick is BAD. were not talking about quality here , but it may degrade your battery faster . this could also be the reason why iphone 11 series battery is worse than other series , because everyone charge their phone with fast charging charger everyday. totally different with iphone x and xr which supports fast charging but apple doesnt include the fast charger so maybe only few of the owner who use the fast charger have issues with their battery.so stop charging ur iphone with fast charger unless ur in a hurry.
4. 'Dont let ur battery goes under 30/20' , 'U can charge ur phone overnight because iOS have new optimized battery charging feature' well u know what , i already followed every single forums trick to make sure my battery is good but its just the same . my battery is now at 98% after 6 weeks . so once again the only way to have a good battery is dont use fast charger unless u really need to.
5. Dont use fake cases or cheap cases , they may harm ur battery . how? because if u use cheap or fake cases they may isolate the heat so the heat stay in ur phone and doesnt come out , and heat is batteries' enemy. but if you insist to wear those cases then its fine as long as you take it off when the phone gets hot.
6. Sorry my english is bad.

Last edited:

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Ok so i have a couple things to say, im currently using iPhone 11 pro max which is currently 6 weeks old this day.
1. if you guys dont own iphone 11 series then you guys dont understand any of these. this problem happens only in iphone 11 series . How do i know? well because i have used iphone 7 plus and iphone x before and their battery is good . my iphone 7 plus battery health was at 88% after i have used it for 2 years and my iphone x battery health was at 95% after i have used it for 1 year . what about my pro max? its already at 98% after 6 weeks of usage. so stop telling us who own iphone 11 series to relax because it only happens to us
2. Apple changed the battery manufacturer from DESAY to SUNWODA (taiwan) in their 11 series which maybe the reason why iphone 11 series battery is bad . (no offense , but maybe the battery quality is different)
3. Apple's included fast charging brick is BAD. were not talking about quality here , but it may degrade your battery faster . this could also be the reason why iphone 11 series battery is worse than other series , because everyone charge their phone with fast charging charger everyday. totally different with iphone x and xr which supports fast charging but apple doesnt include the fast charger so maybe only few of the owner who use the fast charger have issues with their battery.so stop charging ur iphone with fast charger unless ur in a hurry.
4. 'Dont let ur battery goes under 30/20' , 'U can charge ur phone overnight because iOS have new optimized battery charging feature' well u know what , i already followed every single forums trick to make sure my battery is good but its just the same . my battery is now at 98% after 6 weeks . so once again the only way to have a good battery is dont use fast charger unless u really need to.
5. Dont use fake cases or cheap cases , they may harm ur battery . how? because if u use cheap or fake cases they may isolate the heat so the heat stay in ur phone and doesnt come out , and heat is batteries' enemy. but if you insist to wear those cases then its fine as long as you take it off when the phone gets hot.
6. Sorry my english is bad.

I have had my 11 Pro Max since 2nd March, and I am still on 100%.
I bounce between the 5W, 12W and 18W chargers as I see fit, I sometimes charge well below 10% sometimes I charge at around 50%.

6b457a22261f8460a552763b222d8ef5.png

Has your ACTUAL battery life gone down though? Is your phone not lasting long anymore?

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
My pro is 98% but I’m upgrading super early today to the pro max so problem solved. I just miss my bigger phone.

Sinonson81

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
Got mine on launch day and only down to 96% pretty good for 9 months of usage I am a heavy user as well 13 hours screen on time on iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 14 it lost 1 percent but expected on a so upgrade as it checks for battery health to display it stayed at 98% for like 5 mos tho so so far I’m happy and iOS 14 seems to be most stable beta I’ve seen to date glad they actually fixed stuff in the beta

Attachments

• FBF3ED3E-4888-48C8-A8C7-FB91F5003E63.png
    FBF3ED3E-4888-48C8-A8C7-FB91F5003E63.png
    549.4 KB · Views: 87

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
I have an old SE as backup, I guess it's 3+ years old? Still shows 100%. I never used it much and always store it near full charge so it hasn't seen too many charges but at least there has been no age-related degradation. Might even get me an extra $2 when I go to sell it on ebay for what, $55?!!!!!!!!! Will keep it.

Reactions: freeagent
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.