Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iwnlden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2022
Hello guys!

This is my first thread, I'm just gonna share my problem with my iPhone 11 pro, mainly about its battery percentages jumping around, it been doing like that so much, I've been trying to contact apple support but they ask me to reinstall the whole iOS, and I already did it and it still doesn't work, today they told me to bring it to apple authorized service centre to diagnosed, to see if my battery needs to be replaced. i was wondering do i need to replace the battery just because my percentages jumping around? my battery health situation is at 93% i think its quite normal for 2yrs of use and it can still go for a bit longer no?
anyway they did the mobile inspector thing on my phone and they found nothing wrong, and they couldn't explain what is going on about my battery.

did any of you guys experience the same issues? and how did you guys resolve this? thankyou in advance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 399
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 162

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
Probably the battery has some issues so it has voltage fluctuations.

Too bad the warranty only covers when the battery drops lower than 80%

iwnlden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2022
Probably the battery has some issues so it has voltage fluctuations.

Too bad the warranty only covers when the battery drops lower than 80%
but does it mean i got a faulty device? cause its not my problem right? I'm not using the device while charging, and also I didn't use this device as a gaming too hmm
and here's my battery health, my weekly and daily usage

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 139
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
I see that you were using Facetime, it usually requires a bit of power.

I would say a weak lirhium battery will drop voltage and then climb a bit up when not draining.
I think it is too bad that Apple usually just checks the percentage and the number of cycles, when there's much more that can go wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.