Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
I recently bought an iPhone 11 Pro and I always take off my case to enjoy the beautiful design of the phone. I seemed to gain some OCD when I realized that the sides of the phone got scratched but I’m not really worried about that. I’m worried that the phone may have bent due to me taking off the case. Does the 11 pro bend? Does it look bent? Plz help
7187390A-F192-4147-BE9F-52A5B8F771E2.png

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
I own an 11 pro since Nov 2019, in an apple leather case since day 1. Even if it's a beefy beast, I looked after it the best I could, without carrying it in my back pockets, sitting on it or throwing it around.
Last week I noticed it wouldn't stay flat on the desk while typing on it. I removed the cover (they do loose their shape pretty quickly, especially at the front corners) and laid it flat on the screen. Wonder of wonders, the phone is bent. It's so minimal, I won't ever give it a second thought (you just reminded me! :p), but it's there.

Tavicu

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2013
Romania
Omg! It's almost 90 degree bent! I would dump it and get another one!

Jokes aside ... OCD is bad! Relax! Iphone 11 very durable.

• Haha
Reactions: oneteam

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
I recently bought an iPhone 11 Pro and I always take off my case to enjoy the beautiful design of the phone. I seemed to gain some OCD when I realized that the sides of the phone got scratched but I’m not really worried about that. I’m worried that the phone may have bent due to me taking off the case. Does the 11 pro bend? Does it look bent? Plz help

Yes, OP, I can see the bend coz I have OCD, too. If I were you, I would get rid of this 11 Pro ASAP and get a 12 Pro. I couldn't live with the slightest bend even a day. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: oneteam

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Yes, OP, I can see the bend coz I have OCD, too. If I were you, I would get rid of this 11 Pro ASAP and get a 12 Pro. I couldn't live with the slightest bend even a day. 😂
I literally just got the phone 2 months ago 😭😭😭. And I already got scratches all over the other side of the phone and it bent. I noticed this the very first day I got it. The bend is very slight that sometimes I think my eyes play tricks on me but I always see it in the same spot so I know it has a tiny tiny bend. Bruh OCD is so bad rn I be stressing over every little thing that most people won’t even notice or care about 😂

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I literally just got the phone 2 months ago 😭😭😭. And I already got scratches all over the other side of the phone and it bent. I noticed this the very first day I got it. The bend is very slight that sometimes I think my eyes play tricks on me but I always see it in the same spot so I know it has a tiny tiny bend. Bruh OCD is so bad rn I be stressing over every little thing that most people won’t even notice or care about 😂
Too bad you didn’t get midnight green. If I have any scratches on mine, I can’t see them.

Your phone looks normal to me. I used to be like you about new things, obsessing over scratching and minor wear and tear on jewelry, watches, phones, etc.

It kind of eased up on its own over the years, probably because most of my life I was so broke that much of my stuff had to be second hand or hand-me downs. Even now that we are sort of affluent, much of my stuff is “pre-owned” by choice.

After years of accepting things being used when I got them, I got more acclimated to shrugging off the wear and tear I put on the new things I get.

And that’s going to come in handy when my 12 Pro Max gets here...eventually. I put an ugly scratch on my daughter’s blue 12 Pro just by putting a case on it. Fortunately my daughter isn’t bothered by these things. Or if she is, she’s too polite and kind to say so and make me feel bad.

Don’t forget, stressing about this sort of thing is putting wear and tear on YOU.

Last edited:

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
Can you point out where the bend is?
The bend starts right from the bottom part of the power button, and it goes up all the way. It's very slightly bent, but people with OCD would never miss it. If I can see it in the photo, then imagine OP has it in his hands every day.

TBH, it's something one can live with if put case on, etc.

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
The bend starts right from the bottom part of the power button, and it goes up all the way. It's very slightly bent, but people with OCD would never miss it. If I can see it in the photo, then imagine OP has it in his hands every day.

TBH, it's something one can live with if put case on, etc.
I plan on keeping this phone for at least 2 or 3 years but I’m just worried that the bend will get worse overtime.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I plan on keeping this phone for at least 2 or 3 years but I’m just worried that the bend will get worse overtime.
I wouldn't worry about it. The phone looks just fine to me and I don't see any bending. I have had iPhone X and 11 Pro, and neither had any issues with bending. I take care of my phones, but don't baby them. I think your phone will be fine and it will provide great and long lasting service for you.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
The bend starts right from the bottom part of the power button, and it goes up all the way. It's very slightly bent, but people with OCD would never miss it.
I have clinically diagnosed OCD, and I don't see any sort of bend in OP's photo. OCD doesn't = "noticing things other people don't notice"...there are many, many forms of OCD that present in very different ways. Most people in this forum that say they are OCD about their phone are using the term OCD very incorrectly.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Your phone is perfectly fine. And to those out there who suffer from clinically diagnosed obsessive-compulsive disorder, I just wanna say I'm sorry.
Doesn’t look anything to me.

Attachments

• 19783193-51BA-4440-87EC-39414B9181B1.jpeg
    19783193-51BA-4440-87EC-39414B9181B1.jpeg
    807.1 KB · Views: 184

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I have clinically diagnosed OCD, and I don't see any sort of bend in OP's photo. OCD doesn't = "noticing things other people don't notice"...there are many, many forms of OCD that present in very different ways. Most people in this forum that say they are OCD about their phone are using the term OCD very incorrectly.
Yes exactly. Obsessive compulsive disorder vs obsessive personality disorder. Both are extremely different. The correct term really would be OPD not OCD, but OCD used in pop culture has gained a huge popularity.

An example on an OCD symptom if you think a bad though (important person in you life will die) you will do a compulsory act to mitigate the anxiety like say 13 prayers (sometimes the compulsion center on a number). And it manifests in other parts of the persons life, so if they have to go out of the house for example they check things over and over and over. It becomes a ritual to help cope with the anxiety. Or germs. Someone will scrub their skin raw and spend 3 hours in the shower (I had a client like that). It’s a horrible diagnosis for those tho live with it. So it’s not seeking perfection like how people’s misperception of OCD is.

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
When will Macrumors give us the ability to filter using keywords? Wanting your electronic device to be perfect doesn't mean you're OCD.

If the phone works, what difference does it make if there's a slight bend in it?

Reactions: 1rottenapple

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Update: sorry guys I think I just overreacting but now I believe that it isn’t bent cuz I take good care of it and I looked online that it took 250 pounds of it pressure to bend the 11 pro. Anyways nothing is perfect in this world and if it does have a slight bend imma just deal with it and enjoy the phone cuz it works fine. I’ll update this in about a year with a picture of the side to see if it is still in the same condition! :)

Reactions: Shah Dujana

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
It takes a lot of pressure to bend those phones. Quite frankly, I think it takes so much pressure to bend the phone that—in normal circumstances—if the phone is bent, it is because it was destroyed.

That being said, I see nothing wrong with that phone at all.

Reactions: timothyenglish18

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Update: sorry guys I think I just overreacting but now I believe that it isn’t bent cuz I take good care of it and I looked online that it took 250 pounds of it pressure to bend the 11 pro. Anyways nothing is perfect in this world and if it does have a slight bend imma just deal with it and enjoy the phone cuz it works fine. I’ll update this in about a year with a picture of the side to see if it is still in the same condition! :)

Looks perfectly fine to me when I put I up against the sides of my screen
41904695b393a0804ea77fa988cd704a.png

d52c7e03049757816f362b33b595ed49.png

Reactions: timothyenglish18

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
It takes a lot of pressure to bend those phones. Quite frankly, I think it takes so much pressure to bend the phone that—in normal circumstances—if the phone is bent, it is because it was destroyed.

That being said, I see nothing wrong with that phone at all.
My previous phone before this was the iPhone 6 Plus and it bent so much that it annoyed me for so long. I saved my money up for the past 5 months to pay for this iPhone 11 Pro. I’m just worried on how much they improved on the structure of the iPhone from the 6 to the 11 pro

Nütztjanix

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2019
Germany
My previous phone before this was the iPhone 6 Plus and it bent so much that it annoyed me for so long. I saved my money up for the past 5 months to pay for this iPhone 11 Pro. I’m just worried on how much they improved on the structure of the iPhone from the 6 to the 11 pro
You do realize that the former was made of aluminium, while the latter is stainless steel? Structure aside, the 11 Pro will be stiffer just because of this.

Reactions: internetrando
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.