Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
You only need to start worrying when it looks like this.
I had an iPhone 6 like that. Apple didn't want to acknowledge the problem at all. It was a nightmare.

Now it's these yellow screens. My 11 Pro Max was replaced but the second one was still yellow. These 12 series are seemingly worse (Based on the sheer amount of comments in the thread).

Sometimes I wonder just how good their QC is honestly.

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Yes exactly. Obsessive compulsive disorder vs obsessive personality disorder. Both are extremely different. The correct term really would be OPD not OCD, but OCD used in pop culture has gained a huge popularity.

An example on an OCD symptom if you think a bad though (important person in you life will die) you will do a compulsory act to mitigate the anxiety like say 13 prayers (sometimes the compulsion center on a number). And it manifests in other parts of the persons life, so if they have to go out of the house for example they check things over and over and over. It becomes a ritual to help cope with the anxiety. Or germs. Someone will scrub their skin raw and spend 3 hours in the shower (I had a client like that). It’s a horrible diagnosis for those tho live with it. So it’s not seeking perfection like how people’s misperception of OCD is.
As someone who used to suffer from sever OCD, this description is spot on. Though for this example I would say 13 prayers then realize 13 is an unlucky number so I would say 2 more but then realize I don't like 15 either because it's an odd number so do another to make 16 but then have that bad thought at the end and have to start over. Oh dear. It's a living nightmare.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Do you think I should take it into repair or will it be just fine?
1st don’t care what he says
2nd no need to repair as its not bent
3rd u would not be able to repair a bent phone
4th to even see a slight bent u would need something to compare it to like put on a stone kitchen work plate or similar
5th no case on earth can bent a stainless steel phone just buy pulling it off
6th close this thread

Reactions: Nütztjanix

timothyenglish18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
1st don’t care what he says
2nd no need to repair as its not bent
3rd u would not be able to repair a bent phone
4th to even see a slight bent u would need something to compare it to like put on a stone kitchen work plate or similar
5th no case on earth can bent a stainless steel phone just buy pulling it off
6th close this thread
For some reason I can’t see the bend anymore idk why.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
As someone who used to suffer from sever OCD, this description is spot on. Though for this example I would say 13 prayers then realize 13 is an unlucky number so I would say 2 more but then realize I don't like 15 either because it's an odd number so do another to make 16 but then have that bad thought at the end and have to start over. Oh dear. It's a living nightmare.
Word. Person I describe who took 3 showers scrubbing his skin raw was the worst I’ve seen in my career. It’s truly debilitating as with many severe conditions. Glad your work through it.

Reactions: Runs For Fun

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I had an iPhone 6 like that. Apple didn't want to acknowledge the problem at all. It was a nightmare.

Now it's these yellow screens. My 11 Pro Max was replaced but the second one was still yellow. These 12 series are seemingly worse (Based on the sheer amount of comments in the thread).

Sometimes I wonder just how good their QC is honestly.
Really is it the inherent flaws in the display? Or factory calibration?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.