Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozamo

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Went from an 11 Pro to a 14 Pro.

Pros: Cellular connectivity in the 14 is heads and tails better than the 11 in marginal areas. The 11 was borderline useless when I had 1 bar of signal, with the 14, it's always usable with any signal strength. The purple color is kind of cool, LOL. The screen has slightly nicer colors/sharpness.

Cons: Everything else. The form factor kind of sucks, and the 14's camera takes forever to focus (good luck with UPC scanning apps). That ***** Lightning Port that should have been replaced two years ago.

I don't necessarily regret the upgrade (the improved cellular chip really is a game changer, I live in an area that doesn't always have great signal), but, if I had to do it over I'd wait another year for the 15.
How about battery life on the 14 Pro? Any noticeable improvement over the 11 Pro?

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023
I usually trade in my old phones when I upgrade. I might keep this 11 Pro even if I buy a new phone in the future. It’s one of those rare gems from Apple.
Stay away from the 11pro you don’t want to deal with them Intel modems oh no

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Does that include the 11 Pro Max?

I've had my 11PM since Feb. 2021. I don't see where being able to use my phone in the places I am while averaging speeds above 100mbps down is any sort of problem. But of course, location is everything.

My carrier is T-Mobile and I do quite well in my market (Phoenix, AZ).

Reactions: Clamjuice65

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
I've had an 11PM for a couple of years. The Intel modem, good or bad, is a non-issue for me because I'm on Cricket, which throttles around 8 Mbps. That's plenty fast for FB, IG, YT and everything else I do on a phone. Plus, if I needed speed, I wouldn't have bought a 4G phone.

Reactions: eyoungren

ian87w

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Wireless coverage and speed in my country are so sporadic, and since our LTE are practically at 3G speed due to tower congestion, it probably doesn’t matter if you have intel or Qualcomm. 😂

Reactions: CoMoMacUser
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.