Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udance4ever

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2005
hmm - I’ve been trying to figure out what my iPadPro is actually doing - the Prime app on iPadOS does indeed say HD but what is puzzling is my router (Eero) says it is consuming 10-30 Mbps which is on par for a 4k stream. (in fact, even our Chromecast with Google TV when it says “UHD” streams 4k only at 10 Mbps but this could be related to the antenna in CCwGTV)

I have my iPadPro connected to a 4k monitor over USB-C - it is a shame the app hasn’t been upgraded to officially stream 4k.

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
In general you can’t compare the capability of a device with what these streaming apps are providing.

The device maybe capable of playing content of certain types but that’s doesn’t mean all the streaming service providers will automatically start serving content in that format.

For example - every streaming service has capability to configure and deliver streams based on content and device types, so a movie might play in HDR / 4K on Samsung and Tv but the same content will not play in HDR on LG or Android Tv even though they support both 4K and HDR as well.

So the correlations we’re trying to draw here is a bit meaningless and is most likely not related to any OS update.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.