Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
I took my 11 with 350 cycles and 80% to an Apple Authorized repair shop to do a battery swap and they said no. They told me that unless it gets into the 70-75% range Apple will refuse the replacement. I just ordered a Smart Battery Case from eBay.
How do you know how many cycles? Mine is down to 77% health, which doesn’t surprise me given age and use, but I can’t find cycles information.

Edit: Searched and found. 228 cycles for me.
That info is really hidden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyyai and Zephar77

Zephar77

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
Texas
How do you know how many cycles? Mine is down to 77% health, which doesn’t surprise me given age and use, but I can’t find cycles information.

Edit: Searched and found. 228 cycles for me.
That info is really hidden.
I pulled out a charger I’ve had for sometime it hardly ever used. I guess that’s what I have to use as back up as I have two battery cases, but for a previous iPhone series and I don’t feel like buying a new case with a battery pack one I’ll probably buy a new iPhone in the next series. Thanks for your input though if my friend. Best, Self

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Here I am trying to get my iPhone 12 Pro Max battery to finally go below 80 % to get a free Apple Care+ replacement :D the battery sucks but not enough yet for Apple to do anything about it

Kyriakosss4

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2021
Here I am trying to get my iPhone 12 Pro Max battery to finally go below 80 % to get a free Apple Care+ replacement :D the battery sucks but not enough yet for Apple to do anything about it
You need to wait for Apple care+ to expire. Then the algorithm will drop the percentage below 80. Then you can happily change your battery 🥳

The1Biz

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2018
My battery life on my old 6S was showing 90% but with Coconut was more like upper 70s. The phone % would not budge no matter how bad it got.

My M1 Macbook Air says battery at 90% capacity, Coconut says 84%.

My XR is the only thing where both match. I expect to see a divergence this year as it's about to hit 3 years old.

Apple's calculations seem a bit odd, and skewed more to their favor.

I'd always ask them available capacity and cycles if you go into the Genius Bar, you can look up the theoretical battery capacity to do the health calculation yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.