Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjayr41

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
I'm at 93% with my launch day 12pro...I use MagSafe charger at night and plug it in using Car Play as my car does not have wireless car play

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Launch day 12 pro
Maximum Capacity 91%
Cycle count 150

Biggest power draw has always been the Phone App.
Always cable charged, on a 10watt iPad adapter
Phone is placed on charger at end of every day

It has only given me a 10% low power warning about 4-5 times usually because of extended night/travel.
So the battery hasn’t been abused or used beyond its limitations

If the technology had improved I would expect Maximum capacity to be between 94-96%
If the battery was a low ball product or failing 89% or worse

A years use, should be in the 90% range, with a pro Max high 90’s since bigger battery.
Two years use, mid to low 80’s to say within Apples extended warranty cycle

After that you’re getting 4/5 to 2/3 of the capacity you started with which is annoying
If the phone ever gets down to 60%, capacity begins to drop like a rock to zero

‘Either way it’s leaving September the 24.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Launch day 12 Pro. 260 charge cycles and 93.7% battery health. Side note - my iPhone tends to overheat often when using maps for navigation. Anyone else experience over heating?

‘Overheating where you get a high temp warning or it shuts down, no.

Getting unusually warm, all the time, especially with ANY direct sunlight hitting it.

Since moving it away from the windshield to a cup holder mount its much better.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Launch day 12 Pro - 85%...I spoke to Apple and they said my battery is operating "normally." Didn't want to replace it. So I guess I'll be upgrading. Just need to see these phones in person or unboxing videos when those start happening...colors are awful across the board with the 13 and 13 Pros.

Last edited:

gower2352

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
While I know we are all as of yet above the 80% Apple considers “normal”, these fairly similar results across the board are pretty disappointing given the age of the devices, as is their canned response given the cost of these iPhones.

That being said, I have the iPhone 13 Pro preparing to ship as I type this. I guess it’s time to admit I have a problem, which is the first step to recovery
Especially when Apple says never drain to 0% or charge to 100% ??? not gonna wake up in the middle of night just to make sure my iPhone doesn’t fully charge

Reactions: MacTechnics

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I try not to be the conspiracy theorist on most things, but something tells me the software knows to not go below 80% capacity until it is somewhat below 80% capacity. So I doubt we will see a lot of people getting battery exchanges right near the end of the AppleCare period on these phones.

Reactions: MacTechnics

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I try not to be the conspiracy theorist on most things, but something tells me the software knows to not go below 80% capacity until it is somewhat below 80% capacity. So I doubt we will see a lot of people getting battery exchanges right near the end of the AppleCare period on these phones.
Yup they just want everyone to upgrade instead

Mcflip78

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Launch day 12 Pro. Currently at 99%
I’ve pretty much charged via qi wireless or MagSafe. I also never leave it on the charger overnight. I usually never let the battery get below 30% either.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
My launch 12 Pro Max is at 88% and the battery doesn’t last the full day. I have an appointment tomorrow for a replacement. I’m guessing if they won’t do a warranty replacement I’ll have to pay $69?

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
My launch 12 Pro Max is at 88% and the battery doesn’t last the full day. I have an appointment tomorrow for a replacement. I’m guessing if they won’t do a warranty replacement I’ll have to pay $69?
I thought they won’t replace battery unless it’s under 80%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.