Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
After 3 years with the iPhone 12 Pro, I’m ready to move to the 15 Pro. Some of the key features I’m looking forward to most based on the rumors:

1) Better Camera (plus 3x zoom)
2) 120hz screen & brighter outdoors
3) Rounded edges
4) Lighter (maybe?) since titanium
5) Better battery life

What are you all looking forward to if upgrading from the 12 Pro to 15 Pro?

Or are you going to stick with the 12 Pro for another year?

constantsnags!

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2008
Aotearoa
After 3 years with the iPhone 12 Pro, I’m ready to move to the 15 Pro. Some of the key features I’m looking forward to most based on the rumors:

1) Better Camera (plus 3x zoom)
2) 120hz screen & brighter outdoors
3) Rounded edges
4) Lighter (maybe?) since titanium
5) Better battery life

What are you all looking forward to if upgrading from the 12 Pro to 15 Pro?

Or are you going to stick with the 12 Pro for another year?
Yeah, going from 12 Pro Max to normal sized 15 Pro this year. I wanted something smaller that'll fit in my running hydration pack more easily (my current phone is like running with a brick) as well as bike jersey and jacket pockets. Honestly I'm not that worried about just about anything else being all that much better. Phone camera specs are fun for reviewers to talk about, but almost none of them ever help anyone make better images. You can't build taste, the ability to see colour, line, shape, and contrast into a camera at any price. That's up to the person holding it. Dynamic Island will be fun to get used to. Overall, though, it's really the desire for a smaller handset that's making me switch. If there were a 15 Mini coming with decent battery life, I'd almost certainly have that instead.

LaddieMint

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2023
I went from an 11 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max and I’m loving it. It may not be an exciting phone for 14 users, but after four years of hardware improvements it’s quite the upgrade.

Reactions: Mikeyde1989

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I went from a 12 pro to a 15 pro max.

Better screen
Better battery
Better scrolling
Brighter screen (looks better in sun light compared to the 12)
Better GPS my (12 pro was horrible)
Faster phone
Better cameras
Faster 5g
Action button
Satellite features
More RAM
Reverse charging

It's definitely an improvement, I feel like people hold out on upgrading because there is no wow factor. I don't think there will be a wow factor for an iPhone for a while.

The last wow factor phone for me was the X. I used to upgrade every year since the first iPhone then it was X,12 pro, and now the 15 max pro. The only reason I upgraded was the 5x zoom. The other iPhone upgrades are expected year after year (processor, camera,battery,ect.). If the 15 max pro didn't have the zoom I probably wouldn't have upgraded, but I'm glad I did overall. The phone is really fast and there is a big difference on how the phone operates compared to the 12 pro.

Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
On a 12 PM and awaiting the arrival of 15 PM! Can’t wait!

I guess I’ll have to wait until October. I need to check some other threads to see if anyone has been getting moved up.

Reactions: svish

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Upgrading from a 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max. Waiting for it to be delivered. Hopefully it will come sooner than the estimated October 9-14 date

interbear

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
UK
I wanted to see/feel the new 15 range in store before ordering as I was pondering upgrading my 12 Pro to 15 Pro Max. As well as improved camera and bigger screen, the bigger battery of the Pro Max appeals to me. I was however concerned it may be too big as I tend to carry my phone in a front pocket. As it turns out, the size seems absolutely fine so I’ll be ordering a 15 Pro Max in blue at some point.

Reactions: svish

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Battery life seems about the same.
rounded edges don’t mean a darn thing to me since I use a case.
USB-C port I will never use. I have MagSafe for charging and don’t download or transfer much.
120 Hz is nice but not worth an upgrade.

my iPhone 12 Pro is going to last me another year in hopes that the iPhone 16 will have a longer battery life and better performance over the current new M3 chip. also, hoping that the Action button on the side will have multiple presses to engage different functions, whereas the current one only has one at a time.

Last edited:

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
When Apple announced the iPhone 15 Pro, I bought into the hype so to speak, but did not place an order. Last Friday I went to the Apple Store to check them out and I walked out with….my iPhone 12 Pro.

I thought for sure it would make me want to upgrade, but it did not. I just did not see $700 in extra features or upgrades over the trade in value of my iPhone 12 Pro to warrant the expense this year.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I know this isn't what you asked, but I did 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max.

It's not a bad upgrade, but not earth shattering either.

Reactions: Brachaci

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
That's my choice but delivery is delayed - how do they compare in the hand, with and without your choice of case?
I was hesitant to go with the PM because previous versions (especially the 14) seemed unwieldy and super heavy. I chose it this time because of the camera. The 15 PM is noticeably lighter than its predecessor and not much heavier than the 12P (my feel). While larger, the PM still fits in my trousers’ front pockets and hence no issue with “storage”. One handed use is difficult, but I do not really use the 12P often with just one hand. So, bottom line, very happy with the choice.

Reactions: StrollerEd

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
I know this isn't what you asked, but I did 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max.

It's not a bad upgrade, but not earth shattering either.
I think the 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max is a bigger jump than the 12 Pro to 15 Pro for day to day use (at least for me). I can see the benefit of the 5x lens and better battery life.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I upgraded from 12 Pro to 15 Pro. Not seeing a ton of exciting changes. Seems like a solid new phone so that’s okay. I watched videos with all the new things in the iOS but won’t use many of them. To me, not really any must haves - just more stuff.

Reactions: Brachaci

MyPhone99

macrumors regular
May 26, 2019
I am on my 12 pro max , no issues as such for now. What are the improvments do i see if i upgrade to i) 15 plus ii) 15 pro max ? in other words, is 15 plus a significant unpgrade to a 12 pro max? or 15 pro max with 120 Hz promotion is way to go ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.