Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
S

Same here 😂 PREORDERS OPEN UP ALREADY 🤦‍♂️🤬😂
Is it actually a pre order? or pre order of pre order ? I did mine earlier, for a silver 13PM. Did you order it ? And if not what's the wait times once the first batch is sold out typically in Australia?

Man this Google keyboard is getting on my nerves. Keeps changing if to it amongst other things.

Reactions: LFC2020

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Can't see it making much diff on 6.7" screen, not worth swapping my 12 pro max for a 13. Not graphite for graphite anyway.
Love it on my M1 12.9" iPad Pro though, wouldn't have a iPad without it.
Will see I could be wrong.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Is it actually a pre order? or pre order of pre order ? I did mine earlier, for a silver 13PM. Did you order it ? And if not what's the wait times once the first batch is sold out typically in Australia?

Man this Google keyboard is getting on my nerves. Keeps changing if to it amongst other things.
You on the 1up program or whatever you call it 😂 we don’t have that here, preorders open up the same time here as the US, think 1up customers get to upgrade early over there.

Don’t know how you’ve managed to use the s21u for this long, I got rid of my note 10+ after 2 days, it was either sell it or burn it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed

felrobert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Bay Area
120hz isn't about games, it's about fluidity across the system and touch responsiveness. Once you have used it for a while, it's jarring to go back to a 60hz decive.
My iphone X - Xs and Iphone 11 Pro max is pretty fluid. I'll wait for the 14 cause 13 bad luck number.

felrobert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Bay Area
The s21 doesn’t have iOS and the superior best in the universe A15 chip and optimization 😎
Samsung came up with 120hz screen now Apple needs one cause Samsung has one. I don't understand we were fine without the 120hz Iphone screen are already eye candy. 120hz in my Fold 3 sucks up battery but already decided this year Samsung Fold 3 is revolutionary and I'll passed the unlucky #13 and wait for the 14.

• Haha
Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

felrobert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Bay Area
120hz isn't about games, it's about fluidity across the system and touch responsiveness. Once you have used it for a while, it's jarring to go back to a 60hz decive.
120hz just kills the battery. I owned every iphone released and lined up overnight but I can't see myself and others to get the unlucky #13. I'll wait for the 14

• Haha
Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

therealMasa

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2021
They really should’ve put 90hz on the vanilla iPhone 13. 60hz on a flagship phone in 2021 is pathetic. But the difference between 90hz and 120hz is so negligible that the Pro models would’ve lost their USP :rolleyes:

Reactions: airbusking

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Samsung came up with 120hz screen now Apple needs one cause Samsung has one. I don't understand we were fine without the 120hz Iphone screen are already eye candy. 120hz in my Fold 3 sucks up battery but already decided this year Samsung Fold 3 is revolutionary and I'll passed the unlucky #13 and wait for the 14.
No issues with 120hz on my iPad Pro, the iPhone 13 pros will be just fine, you’re confusing Samsung inefficient software and hardware with apple great optimised software and efficient chipset.

felrobert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Bay Area
No issues with 120hz on my iPad Pro, the iPhone 13 pros will be just fine, you’re confusing Samsung inefficient software and hardware with apple great optimised software and efficient chipset.
Can't compare iPad pro to an Iphone and I do have IPad Pro 2020 we just have to see when it arrives how battery life stands up. I'm Apple fan boy and uses a Mac Pro and M1 MBP on the go but I'm sick of the same design year after year. Samsung Fold 3 is a game changer always hated Android for their OS but this year Android 11, man you just have to experience 120hz screen responsiveness on a mobile phones.

Reactions: airbusking

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Can't compare iPad pro to an Iphone and I do have IPad Pro 2020 we just have to see when it arrives how battery life stands up. I'm Apple fan boy and uses a Mac Pro and M1 MBP on the go but I'm sick of the same design year after year. Samsung Fold 3 is a game changer always hated Android for their OS but this year Android 11, man you just have to experience 120hz screen responsiveness on a mobile phones.
Apple is pretty confident when it comes to battery life, 2.5 hours extra battery life than the 12 pro max, they wouldn’t put that on their website if it wasn’t true, extra 500+ mAh battery doesn’t hurt either.

Apple tends to under promise and over deliver. Guess we’ll find out soon ?

2A63CF05-92C8-4AF5-8835-EA71D0A3E62B.jpeg

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Excited to see how Apple handle 120hz on the phones and balance it out with battery life. I love 120hz ProMotion in my iPad Pro, but I have to say iPhone 60Hz has been greatly smooth especially on iOS 15, I think what has always helped Apple is the high touch rate.

Cannot wait to give the 13 Pro Max a go, would like to get a 13 Pro Max 512GB or 1TB, but I’ll wait to see how much it costs locally before making any hasty decisions.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
120hz just kills the battery. I owned every iphone released and lined up overnight but I can't see myself and others to get the unlucky #13. I'll wait for the 14
I was born on Friday the 13th and I consider that to be a lucky sign for me ?. Heck it is only a number. Apple has used it over and over again in their product releases.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
You on the 1up program or whatever you call it 😂 we don’t have that here, preorders open up the same time here as the US, think 1up customers get to upgrade early over there.

Don’t know how you’ve managed to use the s21u for this long, I got rid of my note 10+ after 2 days, it was either sell it or burn it. 😂
I
Let's put PPI and refresh rates to one side for a moment. When I open a browser page for example , all I know is that the iPhone 12 Pro Max looked sharper and more focused than my S21U, why is that ? Was the same when compared to my Note 20 Ultra.
Heck I even boosted resolution to max on the S21U and changed to various fonts.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
They really should’ve put 90hz on the vanilla iPhone 13. 60hz on a flagship phone in 2021 is pathetic. But the difference between 90hz and 120hz is so negligible that the Pro models would’ve lost their USP :rolleyes:
If you asked the average consumer what refresh rate their device operates at, I think they would just look at you like you were speaking Martian to them. The average consumer does not care about things like refresh rate.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I

Let's put PPI and refresh rates to one side for a moment. When I open a browser page for example , all I know is that the iPhone 12 Pro Max looked sharper and more focused than my S21U, why is that ? Was the same when compared to my Note 20 Ultra.
Samsung laziness, no one pays attention to the finer details like apple. 🧐📱

Reactions: Fred Zed

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I

I think what you might be seeing is that Apple's displays are generally calibrated for better imagines.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Indeed. So moving forward we'll call it ProMotion. ?
Ask the average consumer what ProMotion is and see what their response is. Does not matter what you call (call it Hal if you want to), the average consumer does not know nor care about it. Just the very few people who are tech-nerds care about it.

S2_

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2016
Do we know if apps will need to be updated to take advantage of the 120hz? Or does iOS 15 just make it work?

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Going from 60Hz to 120Hz is like going from iPhone 3G's regular display to iPhone 4's Retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.