Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
I wanna see where you all stand. Personally, I’m happy with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and I personally will not be upgrading this year because I don’t think going from a 13 Pro Max to a 14 Pro Max is worth a $2000+ upgrade, they still have the crappy Lightning port, no 8K, 48MP is limited to the Wide Camera, no periscope lens, and my current phone still takes great photos and still has an incredible display. Are any of you upgrading from your 13 Pro to the 14 Pro or not?

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
I didn't plan on upgrading my 13PM but the trade in deal I got was $1000 for my 13PM (Apple is giving me $705 off of a 14 for the trade and my carrier gives me an additional $295 in credits) so I pick up my 14PM tomorrow.

flipjlo

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
I was. I always do. Hell I’m a iSheep. But not this year. The 13 pro max is a beast still. For sure they’ll USB -c next year a new camera and redesign. Other reason is just Im buying a car. Maybe thats why lol. I’ll join the Island exactly one year from now.

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
I didn't plan on upgrading my 13PM but the trade in deal I got was $1000 for my 13PM (Apple is giving me $705 off of a 14 for the trade and my carrier gives me an additional $295 in credits) so I pick up my 14PM tomorrow.
I’m happy for you. I still think that even spending $1000 to make an incremental upgrade is not worth it for me

shelt

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
NorCal
I went from a 13 Pro Max to 14 Pro for the size. I always want the camera upgrades, no matter how minor they may be. I also wanted access to the Satellite SOS feature - I'm in Search and Rescue and really appreciate the value in this. Plus, I can cancel my Garmin InReach subscription...

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
I went from a 13 Pro Max to 14 Pro for the size. I always want the camera upgrades, no matter how minor they may be. I also wanted access to the Satellite SOS feature - I'm in Search and Rescue and really appreciate the value in this. Plus, I can cancel my Garmin InReach subscription...
You’ll probably notice a downgrade in battery life and screen real estate

Reactions: kirk.vino

shelt

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007
NorCal
You’ll probably notice a downgrade in battery life and screen real estate
Totally - I think I'm fine with the battery loss (and I carry a USB battery hiking/backpacking). I could honestly go 2 days most of the time with the 13 Pro Max - it's amazing. I obsessed over the screen and remembered how I was fine with the iPhone X before I went to the big phones. We'll see... I can always go big again with the 15 if it bugs me :)

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
Totally - I think I'm fine with the battery loss (and I carry a USB battery hiking/backpacking). I could honestly go 2 days most of the time with the 13 Pro Max - it's amazing. I obsessed over the screen and remembered how I was fine with the iPhone X before I went to the big phones. We'll see... I can always go big again with the 15 if it bugs me :)
For me, the battery life just isn‘t good enough anymore, especially since iOS 16 ruined my battery life. I just hope Apple fixes the severe battery drain soon in beta 2 of 16.1, but it’ll probably take till 16.1.1

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
I upgraded from my 13 pro max to the 14 pro max, I‘m in the apple upgrade program so I can upgrade every year if I want so that’s what I did..

Reactions: Kierkegaarden

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Patiently waiting for my 14PM 512GB from Amazon….😉
The current 13PM (also 512 gigs) goes to my girlfriend to replace her 11PM

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Nah, trying to break my yearly upgrade habit. I kept my 11PM for two years, gonna see if I can keep this one for three. The upgrades are just so incremental now.

As much as I really want to upgrade my watch (I need that keyboard!!), I'm going to wait until next year to see what the Series 9 brings and just have Apple swap the battery on this one.

Reactions: dustin_

Pede

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
Oh hell no. I’m keeping my Pro Max 13 as well as Apple Watch series 7. Only planning on upgrading my AirPods Pro to the second gen.

Hotpinkflamingoaz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Az
I haven’t decided yet. I have one on preorder that comes in Sept. 29 so I have time to see one in person and read all the reviews after people have been using them. My out of pocket cost after trade in is $323 so I’m not worried about that.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I’m happy with the 13 pro max but I’m getting 1000 to trade in my old 11 pro max so I’m getting the 14 pm. Will pass my 13 pro max along to family.

Reactions: Kierkegaarden

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I'm upgrading mostly because I want too. Apple wants to give me $600 trade-in but I'm still shopping it around. Ultimately the upgrade will cost me $400 unless I can get a better offer.

ThisIs🐵

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2021
I was hoping for 14 Pro to have titanium frame.
But it's still heavy stainless steel, so I will keep my 13 Pro.

TheSynchronizer

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2014
For me, the battery life just isn‘t good enough anymore, especially since iOS 16 ruined my battery life. I just hope Apple fixes the severe battery drain soon in beta 2 of 16.1, but it’ll probably take till 16.1.1
Interesting. It almost feels weird to say but i’ve noticed slightly better battery life on both my 13 Pro and watch S5 with the new updates. I wonder what’s going on

Oh and no, i’m not upgrading this year. I’m not too convinced by the pill design right now and I prefer the notch mostly because I often watch youtube videos on my phone, and the pill will cut into the border of 18:9 videos. Also I think next year is usb c year and they’ll probably be advertising all of the improvements as a major selling point, which is another reason i’m waiting.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I ordered 14P in purple even though I 💜 my Sierra Blue 13P. It arrived today and I'm almost certainly sending it back. Right now it's setting up but I'm super disappointed in the dark purple color. Probably appeals to men but it's too dark for me - almost black in low light and eggplant in sun/bright light. I'm going to play with DI and test out (definitely brighter) display in direct sun tomorrow as those were two reasons I pre-ordered. These two things would have to be *super compelling* for me to keep it. I was expecting a purple phone, even after launch photos, not a charcoal/eggplant shade. Sierra Blue has been beautiful color iMO. And I have a ton of cases that show it off. Anyway, just a personal preference; I generally like light to medium toned phones. And yes, mine goes in a case but even the camera bump looks black. #notme

Very disappointed. If battery is worse, that will make decision to return even easier. Oh well, I will help save the planet, at least for this year...😅

On a positive note: screen doesnt seem much warmer to me, just much brighter at same setting.

Reactions: Crazyj414
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.