Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm currently undecided between 13 pro and 13 pro max. I would love a big display but I'm affraid because I have small hands.
For you guys that own the 13 pro max how is the weight? Is it that heavy? Do you have small hands and still are able to maneuver it with ease?

Reactions: 777snoopy

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
It's all personal preference. If it's weight your worried about then go Pro.

I had the 11 Pro max and 12 pro max. For the 13 I went for just pro due to the weight and easier use

Reactions: Breezygirl

vyspirit

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2017
I also have small hands and my iPhone 12 Pro still gets heavy when I use it for a while.

I recently bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max and it's really a heavy guy. I often use it with two hands or place it on a fulcrum. One-handed use is also difficult because your fingers cannot reach the opposite edge.

Reactions: dizmonk

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I have fairly long fingers but still used two hands on the smaller phones. Love the 13 Pro Max, the screen and battery life are both worth the “hassle” ;)

You should take a look at Pop Sockets. It’ll change your cell phone using life.

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. Do you use your phones with a case and a screen protector?

Mikaeru

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2021
This is the exact question for me too..
I only hands on between 12 pro & pro max on the store,
The pro is really fit the size for my hands, but i really need that extra battery on 13 pro max..

still cant decide which to choose until now,
pre order in my country start this weekend

scgf

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2003
Market Harborough, UK
I ordered the Pro Max, fully expecting to have to return it because of the weight and size. I am pleased to report I have kept it and it has been the first iPhone I haven't been disappointed with. It takes hardly any time at all to get over the size. It fits in every pocket I've tried it in and the larger size means it doesn't move around when in a larger pocket. The weight is completely in keeping with the size so although it is relatively heavy it causes me no problems at all. I have never been a one-handed person when it comes to a phone and have never understood the requirement some have that they can operate a phone with one hand. I swipe type and this works really well on the larger keyboard of the Max. I don't require all the other things in my life to be operated with one hand, so why a phone? I have two hands and if they're both used then that seems right to me. I don't ride my bike one-handed, or drive my car with only one hand on the steering wheel. I cook with both hands and I type with two hands. Not a problem. We have two hands for a reason!

TwitchyPuppy

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2016
Canada
I currently have a 12 and was shocked by the weight difference when I tried a 13 Pro. The Pro Max felt like a literal brick

Reactions: Boyyai

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Get a Loopy Case and all your worries are over. A baby’s hand can hold the Max when using a Loopy Case.

Last edited:

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
heavy yes, unbearable no. Use it with 2 hands if you are that worried. the screen and battery life make up for the small thing you are worried about and buy it from apple if you want to "try" it out and return it if you dont like it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I've had always had the biggest phones that Apple has to offer. I've never once thought they were heavy and they are light as feather to me. That also includes the 13 pro max. ?

panoptica

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2021
I have the 13 PM and it is my first max phone. I just wanted it. The weight is very well distributed and it took only a couple days to get used to the size. Now I look at it, grab it and it feels like I never had anything smaller. My previous phone was the 11 Pro.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

KindJamz

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2021
I have fairly long fingers but still used two hands on the smaller phones. Love the 13 Pro Max, the screen and battery life are both worth the “hassle” ;)

You should take a look at Pop Sockets. It’ll change your cell phone using life.
No. Horrible pop sockets.

Reactions: Bethanie21

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I have small hands and have the 12 Pro Max. There are times when I have to use my device with two hands, and there are times when I can use it with hand. As far as the weight, I have always used plus and Max sized phones since the 6+, except for the X, so I’m used to weight. I have no issues carrying my 12 Pro Max without a purse or bag. I’m using a clear bumper, glass screen protector on the front, glass protector on the back along with lens protectors, and that do not add any extra weight. If anything, it has made me more aware of carrying my phone and not dropping because of the back being exposed.

scott Lashville

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm currently undecided between 13 pro and 13 pro max. I would love a big display but I'm affraid because I have small hands.
For you guys that own the 13 pro max how is the weight? Is it that heavy? Do you have small hands and still are able to maneuver it with ease?
iPhone 13 Pro Max is 240 grams which is so much heavier and it doesn't fit small hands because I bought the phone and it didn't suit me so I gave it to my cousin.

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I have tiny hands and always go for the regular Pro. The Max would be huge for me, unbearably so. I hope Apple keeps the Pro at its current size as any bigger wouldn’t be manageable for me!

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I have tiny hands and have always had the Plus/Max size phones. They feel big for a day or two just in comparison to whatever you used before, then they just feel fine. I have no issues whatsoever handling or using them.

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Absolutely personal preference. I tried the Max, and it’s just too big and heavy for me, so I bought a 13 Pro. But YMMV… ??‍♂️

Reactions: TwitchyPuppy

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
These latest phones are absurdly heavy. No idea what apple is thinking, but I for one need a phone for a pocket. No one in my office carries these new phones unless they can stash them in a purse.

faunwood

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2021
I was also very undecided, tried both for a few days and landed on the Pro. It feels better day to day, and battery still lasts all day and then some. But you should try them at the store at least, it all comes down to personal preference.

Dewdman42

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
anyone know of any case attachments that can be used to make it easier to grip these larger pro max phones in one hand with short fingers? Its very very difficult to operate with one hand, which does come up sometimes. I am going to try to keep my new iPhone pro max 14 see if I can get used to it. I remember now that when I got the 12 I first got the max and then exchanged it for the pro after a week. I forgot and ordered the 14 max...but...I do really like the larger screen and battery life and better camera...so... I'd like to find a wya to make it work just wondering what kind of work arounds and/or things people have done to work with these larger phones when they have small hands like me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.