Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm currently undecided between 13 pro and 13 pro max. I would love a big display but I'm affraid because I have small hands.

My hands are decently sized (mens glove size large) but the 13 Pro Max was just to big. I actually had to return the phone after the first day because I just couldn't use it comfortably one handed. Weight wasn't an issue and the 13 Pro (not max) is about the same weight and weights a lot more when compared to my older phones

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
anyone know of any case attachments that can be used to make it easier to grip these larger pro max phones in one hand with short fingers? Its very very difficult to operate with one hand, which does come up sometimes.

POP Socket case/holder will help holding it but it won't solve the issue of using it effectively in one hand.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
anyone know of any case attachments that can be used to make it easier to grip these larger pro max phones in one hand with short fingers? Its very very difficult to operate with one hand, which does come up sometimes. I am going to try to keep my new iPhone pro max 14 see if I can get used to it. I remember now that when I got the 12 I first got the max and then exchanged it for the pro after a week. I forgot and ordered the 14 max...but...I do really like the larger screen and battery life and better camera...so... I'd like to find a wya to make it work just wondering what kind of work arounds and/or things people have done to work with these larger phones when they have small hands like me.
I like these Pop Socket things. They connect with MagSafe.

Dewdman42

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
Those are interesting but sucks to fit that in my pocket. The main problem I am having is that I can not grip the phone at all while trying to operate it with one hand. Not at all. I have to just let it rest on my fingers and risk easily dropping it. But my fingers when stretched all the way to actually grip the phone my thumb doesn’t have enough freedom of movement to do anything at all really even to things close to the bottom right of the screen. I usually use both hands to type messages anyway but being able to quickly check the time or quickly read messages or a few other things without both hands is pretty important. Also photography makes me nervous without being able to grip the phone for a selfie.

I’m wondering if one of those credit card sleeves would provide enough of something for my fingers to grab into without become so bulky in my pocket?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.