Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Returned the Wallet Case I tried, but walked out with a new FW phone case. Love the matte-ish look and feel. Overpriced of course, but Welcome to Apple. Hope it protects the phone a bit and doesn't wear out too fast.

Reactions: mikext

roronl

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2016
The Netherlands
But the animals are killed anyway so why just throw away the leather? Its not that they breed animals for the leather.
I don’t have the numbers, but it’s good for the environment according to Apple:

"Leather is a popular material for accessories, but it has a significant carbon footprint, especially at Apple's scale," Lisa Jackson, Apple's VP of environment, policy, and social initiatives, said at today's Wonderlust iPhone 15 event. Swapping leather for FineWoven, she says, puts Apple on track toward its goal of making every Apple product carbon neutral by 2030”

Jeweller

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
Denver
Not saying it's the best case in the world and it certainly pales in comparison to the old Apple leather cases, but I've had my Pacific Blue FW case for two months now and it basically looks as good as the day I got it. With the exception of some light MagSafe and wallet marks that are only visible in bright light, that is. And even leather cases get those. Otherwise no stains or fading or scratches and it's definitely not falling apart. And I don't exactly baby it (I'm a cyclist so it's often in my sweaty jersey pocket) but I also don't use my phone while eating greasy French fries. FWIW I had a Best Buy gift card that I wanted to get rid of and I also wanted to see what all the hate was about. Guess I'm just not seeing it.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Not saying it's the best case in the world and it certainly pales in comparison to the old Apple leather cases, but I've had my Pacific Blue FW case for two months now and it basically looks as good as the day I got it. With the exception of some light MagSafe and wallet marks that are only visible in bright light, that is. And even leather cases get those. Otherwise no stains or fading or scratches and it's definitely not falling apart. And I don't exactly baby it (I'm a cyclist so it's often in my sweaty jersey pocket) but I also don't use my phone while eating greasy French fries. FWIW I had a Best Buy gift card that I wanted to get rid of and I also wanted to see what all the hate was about. Guess I'm just not seeing it.
I'm at a month with my Evergreen FineWoven and it looks as good as new.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
FW guys! Since there's no microfiber lining inside the case, do you notice any scratches on the titanium frame or maybe glass?
Unless its a cheap fake, there is a microfibre lining inside the case.

Attachments

• fw.JPG
    fw.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: lyngo

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Hm. Looked like the same material to me from the pictures. Thank you!
It is FW material on the inside rather than the same material as used on the inside of the silicone case but it’s soft and treats the phone absolutely fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.