Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damo88

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2015
Apple has responded to my case by telling me “that’s expected wear and tear and falls under patina”

That’s great for them to pass off poor quality as ‘patina’, but it falls short of most consumers standards, especially as it’s less than 6 months old. I’d be getting my money back.
Are you still within the chargeback window (think its 120 days from purchase)? If you are I’d be considering it purely on principle. That’s disgraceful that they’re trying to pass that off as patina.

Reactions: sammjordan

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
Are you still within the chargeback window (think its 120 days from purchase)? If you are I’d be considering it purely on principle. That’s disgraceful that they’re trying to pass that off as patina.
It’s not (mid September), but since I’ve never heard of a “chargeback window” perhaps you can enlighten me

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

It would t matter if it’s within a return window. If a 60 quid case is falling apart and looking like that after less than 6 months, I think it’s reasonable to demonstrate that the product is not fit for purpose and hasn’t been since day one.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
And turned it into an Apple black leather case at the same time, impressive.

The Caudabe Sheath is one of the best cases out there and is very durable. I’m on my second over two phones. Both survived many, many drops and daily abuse with ease.
That was the FW case, I have done the same to a 14 pro sheath, it was good, the 15 sheath is having issues in the case thread.
Here you go 14 pro.

IMG_0135.jpeg

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
That was the FW case, I have done the same to a 14 pro sheath, it was good, the 15 sheath is having issues in the case thread.
Here you go 14 pro.

View attachment 2348547

I could tear the Sheath case I had in half if I wanted to, but that’s not its intended use. Never seen one fall apart and the one I had on my iPhone 12 is still being used by the person I gave it to and is over 3 years old. My current Sheath has some very minor signs of wear and has been dropped a lot, yet no splits, significant scuffs or chips. The case thread has many positive reviews and it is undoubtedly one of the best cases you can get.

1fc4642914cf19c7ab8e4189833abad9.jpg

b3b2f6a263b71cfa7bbc62da8e636206.jpg

Reactions: Phillyphil0302

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I could tear the Sheath case I had in half if I wanted to, but that’s not its intended use. Never seen one fall apart and the one I had on my iPhone 12 is still being used by the person I gave it to and is over 3 years old. My current Sheath has some very minor signs of wear and has been dropped a lot, yet no splits, significant scuffs or chips. The case thread has many positive reviews and it is undoubtedly one of the best cases you can get.

1fc4642914cf19c7ab8e4189833abad9.jpg

b3b2f6a263b71cfa7bbc62da8e636206.jpg
MagSafe bulge on this years case is the main issue. Something to do with the microfibre felt, it’s been talked about all over the case threads on here.
wasn’t a issue in previous years.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
MagSafe bulge on this years case is the main issue. Something to do with the microfibre felt, it’s been talked about all over the case threads on here.
wasn’t a issue in previous years.

I have t seen them falling apart because of that, I’ve seen people complaining about seeing part of the magnetic ring on the back of the case. Depends whether it bothers the person or not, it wouldn’t me personally.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Why is it that a thread on the apple FW case seems to be derailed by the Sheath? The sheath seems to be a case that in general is loved by this forum but I have no idea why. I have tried it and find it too heavy and bulky, I don’t find it very grippy and the texture is irritating, and the buttons are poor (even the latest revision that Caudabe sent me as replacement). For me, I would pick an apple FW over a Sheath any day of the week!

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Why is it that a thread on the apple FW case seems to be derailed by the Sheath? The sheath seems to be a case that in general is loved by this forum but I have no idea why. I have tried it and find it too heavy and bulky, I don’t find it very grippy and the texture is irritating, and the buttons are poor (even the latest revision that Caudabe sent me as replacement). For me, I would pick an apple FW over a Sheath any day of the week!

It was mentioned first by Surfsalot and we discussed it. I like it because it’s grippy, slimline and offers good protection, it’s amazing how different perceptions can be. It’ll last about 4 times longer than an Apple Fine Woven case too, but there is no right answer for what case someone prefers. I think the fine woven cases are appalling, but I’m sure many like them, like yourself. It would be boring if we all liked the same case and something which is so anonymous in daily life to the point I doubt any of us think about it mostly.

BellSystem

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2022
Boston, MA
I just bought the wallet in finewoven pacific blue. While I can’t comment on wear yet, I think it feels really premium and looks much better in person than all these photos around. I think Apple did a good job with it. We’ll see what happens after a couple months.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
So, a few months in, this has been the worst Apple case. It tears itself apart in the corners between the sides and the underside. Please no more gren washing crap. Why not real leather?

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
So, a few months in, this has been the worst Apple case. It tears itself apart in the corners between the sides and the underside. Please no more gren washing crap. Why not real leather?
I got mine last week because I didn’t feel like walking out without a case, but that is not encouraging. I doubt I am going to stick with this case just cause it does feel too slippery.

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
Is there a magic secret you have? I put three cards in there, and can't get them out for love or money without detaching the whole thing and using the cut-out on the back.
No magic secret. Perhaps it stretches out over time? A good tip I read online is to press in the center before sliding the cards up.

Reactions: srbNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.