Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I found a finewoven 3rd party case that I am happy with. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJ6ZYLGQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Here is a link I made in another thread with my comparisons to the Apple version I have: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...one-15-plus-pro-pro-max.2400406/post-32728554

Also, here is a picture of the 3rd party case in blue. These 3rd party cases are 9 grams heavier than the Apple FW in the Pro Max version, but they seem to be a little more durable and they have better side and back grip. I think they are a good buy at $19.99.

IMG_0043.jpeg

Last edited:

fhamadeh

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
San Mateo, CA
I've been using the FineWoven case with my iPhone since it was released. I've tried a few other cases here and there, but I keep coming back to the FW case. Maybe I'm not as rough on my phone as some folks, but the case has held up well and I'm liking the feel. It's slim and offers enough protection for my day-to-day use. I guess it's all comes down to usage and personal preference.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Is that the black FW? I've had mine for 2-3 weeks, put it on a Spigen charger (for StandBy mode) over night and on an Apple MagSafe charger as needed during the day, and I swear my case looks like the day I bought it.
Yep it's the black one, a friend of mine has had his longer than me and it looks new still. 🤷‍♂️

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Do some of you seriously return cases when they get marks on them during use? I returned my FW case because the fit was loose on one corner and was really annoying, but expecting a case to stay pristine after a week of putting the phone in pockets, on dirty surfaces, etc is unrealistic. This way madness lies.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
After quite a few months of living with a FineWoven case on my iPhone 15 Plus, I can report the case holds up fine - and feels fine in hand. Plus, I have no big scratches on it. For those who hate the FineWoven cases, fine, nothing to see here. But if you’re still somewhat interested and on the fence, you can rest easy. The FineWoven cases seem to do well in the real world.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Do some of you seriously return cases when they get marks on them during use? I returned my FW case because the fit was loose on one corner and was really annoying, but expecting a case to stay pristine after a week of putting the phone in pockets, on dirty surfaces, etc is unrealistic. This way madness lies.
True, the way some carry on in the iPhone 15 phone case thread they need a case for their phone case lol

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
How are people finding the grip of the FW? I quite like the case and the buttons are fantastic but with cold dry hands in winter here I find it offers very little grip, even the sides are not great in the cold. Part of me wants to persevere in the hope it’ll improve and/or be better when the weather warms up but not sure it’s worth it as it seems to increase the risk I might drop my phone vs the Pitaka MagEZ 4 which is my go to

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
How are people finding the grip of the FW? I quite like the case and the buttons are fantastic but with cold dry hands in winter here I find it offers very little grip, even the sides are not great in the cold. Part of me wants to persevere in the hope it’ll improve and/or be better when the weather warms up but not sure it’s worth it as it seems to increase the risk I might drop my phone vs the Pitaka MagEZ 4 which is my go to
After a month with the FW, I’ve given up on it. The grip is by far the worst thing about it. It has not improved for me at all. Add to that the wear on the back and it’s just as disappointing as my first time with it in September.

Reactions: coso

S7anley

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2020
Cheltenham, England
Just my observation on the grip.

If you have somewhat clammy hands - fw is great.
If you have somewhat dry hands - silicone should be your choice.

Without going into too much detail, my partner’s hands are dry and always found Apple leather cases slippery, same now with the FW. I can easily get clammy hands and always loved the leather cases, same with FW now. I could never get on with the silicone as once it got a little wet it could easily fly off my hands.. my partner swears by it.

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
Do the sides get grippier over time? I got mine yesterday and find it really slippery.

IMO, yes. I've had mine for a little over two months and no longer think about it. I think part of it is it does get grippier, and part of it is I've gotten used to it feeling different than my previous leather cases. I was most worried about the scratching of the FW material on the back, but it still looks great. I got the black one, which probably makes a difference. I think the ones you see at the Apple Store all scratched up have been intentionally disfigured by people running their nails or who knows what along the back of the case. You can see where I attach the phone to my MagSafe chargers, but my leather case had that, too. If the FW didn't work out, I was prepared to order something else, but so far I've had no reason to do so.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
most fascinating thing about finewoven is people seem to hate it, but it's hardly ever discounted in stores.
Well, many who post here seem to hate it. Sales may demonstrate that many more people, if not in love with it, are at least satisfied with it.

xMagnusx

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Got the evergreen FW from Amazon 2 months ago at 50% discount. Been using since then and definitely one of my favourite case due to the unique feeling of it and how slim and light the case is.

Only thing I wished is that the evergreen is lighter in colour as it appears black under most lighting.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Well, many who post here seem to hate it. Sales may demonstrate that many more people, if not in love with it, are at least satisfied with it.
They have been on sale on Amazon several times. I think this warning on Amazon is more telling about the customer satisfaction with the case than the price being charged

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.