Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

george88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2022
Anyone else experiencing this? A new iphone 15 pro doesn't last the full day, dies by 7pm even with light to moderate usage, just like my 4 year old iphone 11 pro. The iphone 11 pro, when it was new, would end the day with about 40-50% battery.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah, my 15 Pro has pretty pathetic battery life. I set it up as a new phone and did not restore from a backup. I'm not a heavy phone user as I'm in front of my laptop all day and I still end the day with ~50% battery life most days with pretty light usage. My 2 year old 13 Pro was definitely better in this regard.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Anyone else experiencing this? A new iphone 15 pro doesn't last the full day, dies by 7pm even with light to moderate usage, just like my 4 year old iphone 11 pro. The iphone 11 pro, when it was new, would end the day with about 40-50% battery.
This can be very subjective, because with light/moderate use my 15 Pro is at about 20% after approx 48 hours. AOD off though.

Fozamo

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
Do you use AOD and 5G? If you turn both things off it can make a difference

Reactions: snipr125

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
That’s why I swapped my 15 Pro for a regular 15 and massive difference in battery life. Now I don’t have to worry about it. The regular 15 is overlooked and it’s amazing.

Reactions: one more

Mistletoe66

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2023
Thanks for creating this thread. I sold my 15 pro max as it can’t last longer than my 11 pro. Replaced my 11 pro with Apple Original battery, and it lasts around 7-8 hours of screen time ( constant use estimated). During 7am to 10pm, I believe it would have 20-30% left at night with light usage which is what I always do - YouTube, forum, music, Instagram, no gaming. )

My 15 pro max seriously uses so much battery during light usage despite it being a pro max…. Therefore I am happy with my 11 pro. Seriously,A17 pro chip is a power-hungry.

• Haha
Reactions: Tsepz and Fozamo

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for creating this thread. I sold my 15 pro max as it can’t last longer than my 11 pro. Replaced my 11 pro with Apple Original battery, and it lasts around 7-8 hours of screen time ( constant use estimated). During 7am to 10pm, I believe it would have 20-30% left at night with light usage which is what I always do - YouTube, forum, music, Instagram, no gaming. )

My 15 pro max seriously uses so much battery during light usage despite it being a pro max…. Therefore I am happy with my 11 pro. Seriously,A17 pro chip is a power-hungry.
Wait. Even 15PM suffers from it?

loewelion

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Hello all,
having the same issue with an iPhone 15 PM bought at release.

Charged yesterday at 22:00 to 80% , only 2h screen time and already at 41%.
Safari used 50%, Maps 14% and Home & Lock screen 10%.

Already did the screening at the Apple Store, restored the software on their Macbook.
Removed also all AirTags.

The guy at the Apple Store told me: "Its normal to have 6h screen time with a full charge".
For them there is no problem with the phone.

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017
I have zero issues. Love my 15Pro. People really need to pay attention to the **** load of noti’s and all the ******** features they have turned on but don’t use. Mine lasts me 1 1/2 days and I’m on my phone a lot with YouTube.

loewelion

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Update from my side, now with iOS 17.2 my 15 PM lasts approx. 2 days and my SOT improved to 10-12h for a full charge

schnitzel-pretzel

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2023
Kentucky
That’s why I swapped my 15 Pro for a regular 15 and massive difference in battery life. Now I don’t have to worry about it. The regular 15 is overlooked and it’s amazing.

Regular 15 is such a great phone, only things I'd super badly miss are ProRAW and ProRes since they let you get so. much. more. Out of the camera. It's frustrating that those things are artificially locked behind a paywall, because the hardware on the base 15 is absolutely capable of doing it.

Don't personally care about 120hz or a brighter screen.

Next year when the 16 gets the act button it will be an even better phone IMO.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
I charge mine overnight, unplug all day and plug back in at bedtime with plenty in reserve. After streaming tunes at work for 9 hours over cellular. Come home, have a shower with YouTube, play Mario Kart after I am done, watch social media with dinner, surf around a bit.. no problem. Not using stock settings though..

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Wait. I am spending 1500+ phone and I need to turn off AOD and 5G to get decent battery life? How about Apple just put a decent quality battery instead of being cheap?
Dude is just trying to give you ways to improve your battery. Depending on your usage, you can have ~20% more battery at the end of the day disabling these two features.

Of course we wish the 15Pro had longer battery. But it is what it is.

Reactions: Fozamo

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
Dude is just trying to give you ways to improve your battery. Depending on your usage, you can have ~20% more battery at the end of the day disabling these two features.

Of course we wish the 15Pro had longer battery. But it is what it is.

I understand. But is entirely unreasonable to disable features to get better battery life.

If Apple is to say, if you want decent battery life by disabling 5G and AOD, then why buy iPhone 15. If I am going for 4G and no AOD, I can save bunch of money for iPhone 11 Pro Max.

And of course, if Apple provide a way to charging iPhone quickly, then battery life won’t be problem. Just for example, the Redmi K70 provides 60W charging and can charge from 0%-80% within 20 minutes and complete charging in about 50 min with 5500mha battery. iPhone 15 Pro Max on other hand, takes twice long to charge from 0-100 and has smaller battery.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Mileage varies between every device and user, but I can genuinely say battery life on my 15 Pro is pretty good. I get 7-10 hours of SOT. E.G. 7h42m active and 1h21m idle with exactly 75% used. With those numbers I'd trend another 2.5 hours of activity before it shut off.

Compared to the Max/Plus phones before it, there's a bit to be desired, but ignoring those bigger cells and just using the phone, I'm pleased enough. I generally can go from 7a to 9p and have anywhere from 10 to 30% left in the tank.

Reactions: LoveMyPens
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.