Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Hi everyone. Woke up this morning to my first Iphone 15 Pro Max black screen of death and still experiencing software lags ( Icloud note syncing still not properly working) and stuttering while scrolling here and there . Has anybody already experienced some after just two weeks from day one? To be honest, looks like 15 Pro Max has something strange going on . Don't know exactly what it is but I'd say it's not exactly what would you expect from a 1,4k phone. A bit disappointed...

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Sorry to hear this, but contact Apple and get them to investigate and help you, and then get back to us with the outcome. You should also put up more facts about your case so we can understand this more. If there’s anything wrong found by them you will definitely get a fix or a new phone. Could just be a lemon, it happens.

See that your a completely new member, with a unique story about faults on the new 15 pro… which we have seen a lot, and then the OP just disappears… Good luck with your case!

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Hi everyone. Woke up this morning to my first Iphone 15 Pro Max black screen of death and still experiencing software lags ( Icloud note syncing still not properly working) and stuttering while scrolling here and there . Has anybody already experienced some after just two weeks from day one? To be honest, looks like 15 Pro Max has something strange going on . Don't know exactly what it is but I'd say it's not exactly what would you expect from a 1,4k phone. A bit disappointed...
Oh no 😬. Bring it to Apple Genius Bar to check it out and resolve the issue. Wish the best to get it fixed.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021

Yes, something strange is going on.

It all has to do with heat despite what some fan boys will say. Apple is addressing the biggest problems first and working their way down as opposed to just throttling the processor.

This will take some time…

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Sorry to hear this, but contact Apple and get them to investigate and help you, and then get back to us with the outcome. You should also put up more facts about your case so we can understand this more. If there’s anything wrong found by them you will definitely get a fix or a new phone. Could just be a lemon, it happens.

See that your a completely new member, with a unique story about faults on the new 15 pro… which we have seen a lot, and then the OP just disappears… Good luck with your case!

Oh no 😬. Bring it to Apple Genius Bar to check it out and resolve the issue. Wish the best to get it fixed.
I'll do for sure. Definitely the next move after the phone assistance didn't solve (what it seems to be ) the problem.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023

It all has to do with heat despite what some fan boys will say. Apple is addressing the biggest problems first and working their way down as opposed to just throttling the processor.

Thanks for the answer! 🙏🏻

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020

It's all to do with the heat that the OP hasn't mentioned at all, in spite of owning (he/she says) the phone for two weeks?

Righto.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
It's all to do with the heat that the OP hasn't mentioned at all, in spite of owning (he/she says) the phone for two weeks?

Righto.
Fat_man has been pushing the overheating narrative/conspiracy/defect since day one. Seems to ignore the people with 12, 13 and 14Pro's that have had same issue with iOS17. Glad the OP pointed out they haven't had any issues with overheating like the majority of iPhone 15 Pro/ ProMax owners.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021

Righto.

Apple rushed out software fixes to combat heat issues. Guy with regular phone that doesn’t have heat issues ends up with rushed software that gives him a black screen.

Even if he didn’t have a heating issue the rushed software may yet have contributed to his issue - still came from the heat issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumpthesnark

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
Apple rushed out software fixes to combat heat issues. Guy with regular phone that doesn’t have heat issues ends up with rushed software that gives him a black screen.

Even if he didn’t have a heating issue the rushed software may yet have contributed to his issue - still came from the heat issue.
It’s very apparent that you have no expertise in any of the relevant fields (software, computer hardware, EE, etc…)

Lindamariee11

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2023
I’ve no problems with mine but noticed there’s a gap between the screen and casing. It’s not sealed. It’s a big enough gap for a piece of paper to fit no problem. Taking it to Apple today to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Wow
Reactions: smorrissey

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Expertise comes out above uneducated opinions any day, you are absolutely right. I’m happy you were able to figure that out in your own 🙂

If the phone doesn’t give the consumer what they want the consumer doesn’t buy and the line of phones dies. Blackberry, Windows Phones, and so on; they thought and probably knew more than their consumers but the consumer and their “ignorance” had the final say in whether that business survived or failed.

The consumer is always right!

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Return the phone.

Welcome to Macrumors!
I already ask the assistance to book me an appointment in an A store to check and eventually replace the phone but I've been told that if it's a software problem they will send my back to the assistance and I think - basically - that not all the countries have the same return & replace rules . Would have been much easier to do that and was the first thing I thought this morning after the second problem in two weeks ( black screen of death after the Icloud notes syncing issue) but, unfortunately it's not that easy as a lot of people here seem to have done with their phones.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
How come whenever someone posts problems about the iPhone 15/Pro they can laughed at? (with the 🤣 reaction)

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
I already ask the assistance to book me an appointment in an A store to check and eventually replace the phone but I've been told that if it's a software problem they will send my back to the assistance and I think - basically - that not all the countries have the same return & replace rules . Would have been much easier to do that and was the first thing I thought this morning after the second problem in two weeks ( black screen of death after the Icloud notes syncing issue) but, unfortunately it's not that easy as a lot of people here seem to have done with their phones.
If you don’t mind me asking, in which country did you buy the phone?

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Ok, most of us are from North America and the UK. Keep us informed how things go with you in Italy and Apple’s policies there. The iPhone’s motto is “it just works” so hopefully it will soon work for you.

FraIphone2023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2023
Ok, most of us are from North America and the UK. Keep us informed how things go with you in Italy and Apple’s policies there. The iPhone’s motto is “it just works” so hopefully it will soon work for you.
Many thanks ! Hope to come back soon to tell everybody my 15 pm is flawless as most of the phones here 👍🏻

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
The iPhone‘s ‚motto’ as you call it has never been „it just works“. 🤪

Every single iPhone got its own slogan shown in its marketing materials like „Titan. So strong. So light. So Pro.“ for the 15 Pro or „New camera. New design. Newphoria.“ for the regular 15 series.

Reactions: doboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.