Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
The iPhone‘s ‚motto’ as you call it has never been „it just works“. 🤪

Every single iPhone got its own slogan shown in its marketing materials like „Titan. So strong. So light. So Pro.“ for the 15 Pro or „New camera. New design. Newphoria.“ for the regular 15 series.

Everyone here knows what I mean…

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I’ve no problems with mine but noticed there’s a gap between the screen and casing. It’s not sealed. It’s a big enough gap for a piece of paper to fit no problem. Taking it to Apple today to replace.
They made the bezels thinner this year, of course there will be a larger gap.

• Haha
Reactions: Appie11

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Could you not put into DFU mode and reinstall the ipsw from iTunes? Maybe to into Settings > General > Reset iPhone > EACS

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Apple rushed out software fixes to combat heat issues. Guy with regular phone that doesn’t have heat issues ends up with rushed software that gives him a black screen.

Even if he didn’t have a heating issue the rushed software may yet have contributed to his issue - still came from the heat issue.
You didn’t ask a single question about how they set up their new phone (i.e. as new, from iCloud backup, from computer backup, phone to phone) that would be indicative of someone truly interested in the source of the issue rather than repeatedly trolling the forum with misinformation.

Tripps9000

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2021
Man all these iPhone 15 pro max forums just crack me up if it is not the heat problem then it is screen burn now black screen this happens every year with new iPhones I bet this time next year it will be all about the iPhone 16 pro max or ultra what ever apple chooses to name it😂🤣

Bobbuilds69

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2022
If the phone doesn’t give the consumer what they want the consumer doesn’t buy and the line of phones dies. Blackberry, Windows Phones, and so on; they thought and probably knew more than their consumers but the consumer and their “ignorance” had the final say in whether that business survived or failed.

The consumer is always right!
Ohhhh…You are one of those that believe “The consumer is always right, even when they are wrong.”

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Ohhhh…You are one of those that believe “The consumer is always right, even when they are wrong.”
The customer is always right in matters of taste, even when they have poor taste, because the customer will always buy what they want to buy. That’s the origin of the saying.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
sooo many issues with 15 pro …. non stop complaints. the QC this year has gone down big time
I'm not apologizing for Apple however I've seen issues with nearly every iPhone launch due to huge number of sales.

Millions of people don't have problems. It may feel like non stop to you based on message posts alone. You won't see as many people posting online "no issues here!!" with every single purchase.

canadianbrand

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Ive had the Black screen three times now since new... ( 15 pro) and only once after the heat issues software update. I'll guess its just buggy software.

Reactions: FraIphone2023

DonHS

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2020
I woke up this morning to the black screen of death on my iPhone 15 Pro Max for the very first time (and I am having it since day one).

What has changed in the past few days: iOS 17.1 was installed and I activated the 80% charge option. Before I had intelligent charging. Will set it back to intelligent charging to see if it happens again and has to do with it.

It is not an overheating thing. The iPhone has never been hot.

I’m from Germany

Tadros

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2007
New Jersey
I posted about this in a separate post not knowing this was a thing other people experienced. I woke up with a black screen of death if that’s what we are calling it. The phone was wirelesslessly charging at the time. iPhone 15 Pro Max, haven’t had any heat issues as of yet. The screen was black but the phone was acting as though it was still on. Buttons provided haptic feedback, but I couldn’t see anything on the screen. I troubleshooted it myself by connecting it to an external monitor via USB C. I was able to see the Lock Screen and was able to shut the phone down by sliding my finger across the phone a few times until I hit the right spot lol. It was kind of wild that the phone was still able to output a video signal AND the touch part of the screen was working without the screen itself working.

I’m assuming it’s a software thing but part of me wonders if it’s the hardware and maybe I got a dud screen. Who knows. This all happened last week and I haven’t had a problem since. iOS 17.1, 15 PM 256 GB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.