Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your launch day iPhone 15 Pro Max already charge with optimized battery charging pattern?

• Yes

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 76.0%

• Total voters

mac_head

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
My launch day iPhone 15 Pro Max still didn’t enable optimized battery charging. It sits on a wireless charging stand every night. How about yours? How long does this take to activate?

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
My launch day iPhone 15 Pro Max still didn’t enable optimized battery charging. It sits on a wireless charging stand every night. How about yours? How long does this take to activate?
Mine is optimized. However, I always charge via cable. I do not have courage to charge it wirelessly 😊

Reactions: Barbareren

mac_head

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
Mine is optimized. However, I always charge via cable. I do not have courage to charge it wirelessly 😊

Then you probably have the smartest iPhone out of all launch day phones :) will wait a couple more days and hope it kicks in at some point… I really don’t like that the feature does not take alarm clocks into consideration and adjusts charging accordingly…

Reactions: lemonkid

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
Slightly off topic.
I have had a 13 pro max for nearly 2 years. This feature hasn’t worked for almost a year

Reactions: ISKOTB

mac_head

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
Slightly off topic.
I have had a 13 pro max for nearly 2 years. This feature hasn’t worked for almost a year

That’s weird. Did you set your Home location in your contact card. According to Apple, optimized battery charging works best when you are either at your home or work location..

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
That’s weird. Did you set your Home location in your contact card. According to Apple, optimized battery charging works best when you are either at your home or work location..
Ye, followed all recommended steps

LouisPiper

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2021
Slightly off topic.
I’ve also had it work and not work seemingly arbitrarily. Again, not sure why it doesn’t just use your wake up alarm as the timer. It’s the easiest implementation.

Reactions: lemonkid

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Quite normal for a new iPhone but I don't understand why my Series 7  Watch is not getting OBC since OS 10 .
It has always continued working after different updates before .

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Wow I came here to make the exact same thread, good to see I am not alone.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I noticed my new phone was completely charged the last few nights when I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. I would've thought the data from my previous phone regarding optimized charging would have just moved to the new one during set up.

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
I noticed my new phone was completely charged the last few nights when I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. I would've thought the data from my previous phone regarding optimized charging would have just moved to the new one during set up.
I think this feature uses “on-device” learning not synced anywhere

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
That's what I was thinking too but on my new phone in significant locations the first date showing is August 28 th

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.