Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your launch day iPhone 15 Pro Max already charge with optimized battery charging pattern?

• Yes

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 76.0%

• Total voters

WinSoft

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2024
Apple Store reset my iPhone back to factory settings a few weeks ago.

I went on holiday a week later or so.

Will my iPhone continue to learn my usual location and charging patterns when I get back home, or will I need to reset the device and start over in order for battery optimised charging to work?

I have turned off battery optimisation charging whilst on holiday and will turn it back on when I get home. I did this so it didn’t learn anything whilst abroad.

Is this okay?

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
It's been 3 weeks since I bought my 15 Pro Max and to this day it hasn't activated optimized charging. Funny that, after WatchOS 10, my Apple Watch also stopped charging optimized. I always said that Apple could give us the option to choose a time to set up this optimized charging, just as some Android devices allow us to do.

Ive always felt it should consider whether an alarm is set for each morning, then give it that final burst of power before the alarm goes off.....

Reactions: WinSoft

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Apple Store reset my iPhone back to factory settings a few weeks ago.

I went on holiday a week later or so.

Will my iPhone continue to learn my usual location and charging patterns when I get back home, or will I need to reset the device and start over in order for battery optimised charging to work?

I have turned off battery optimisation charging whilst on holiday and will turn it back on when I get home. I did this so it didn’t learn anything whilst abroad.

Is this okay?

It should continue to learn. You shouldn't need to reset your phone for it to kick in. From my understanding it continues to look for a charge pattern from the previous X number of days and then starts to apply to that routine.....

Reactions: WinSoft

WinSoft

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2024
It should continue to learn. You shouldn't need to reset your phone for it to kick in. From my understanding it continues to look for a charge pattern from the previous X number of days and then starts to apply to that routine.....
Ah okay, that’s great. Thanks! I turned off the setting whilst on holiday so hopefully it hasn’t learnt anything whilst away and then when I get back it will pick up again and learn my usual routine after re-activation.

gogikr

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
Location services must be ON, when you put your phone into a charger. Through the day my location is off. Before i go to sleep, i just switch location services to ON, and optimized charging works. IOS 17 needs location ON, to work!

Reactions: decafjava
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.