Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Folks, it looks like the iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max will need different screen protectors which may be complicated by the slight curve at the edge, albeit it's not as pronounced as some of the leaks made it sound. So, as you're purchasing your new screen protectors post them here so we can compare notes and find the top performers.

So far, none of the top picks from last year (Torras, Tozo, Spigen) have posted products for the new Pro iPhones.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Wait so the 14 pro max screen shields won’t fit ? I did not even notice a screen size difference

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I usually go for the Spigen Alignmaster with the black border but even with the frame it is almost impossible to get it 100% perfect. If not just right you lose a few pixels on one side and can take me a fair few attempts lifting and refitting until right. Each time you can guarantee a speck of dust/lint finds it's way underneath resulting in lifting again to slide a piece of tape to clean off.

So gone for EZFit this year and giving it's application method a try.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
It’ll be easier to spot when the first reviews get posted but judging by some of these hands-on videos there is a slight curve at the edges which will make this year’s screen protectors almost impossible to be edge-to-edge. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the early screen protectors have major fit issues.

Attachments

• IMG_5808.jpeg
    IMG_5808.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_5807.jpeg
    IMG_5807.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_5806.jpeg
    IMG_5806.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 959

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
It’ll be easier to spot when the first reviews get posted but judging by some of these hands-on videos there is a slight curve at the edges which will make this year’s screen protectors almost impossible to be edge-to-edge. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the early screen protectors have major fit issue

The bezels on the new phones are thinner and the screen edges are slightly curved I believe so, no
Thank you, I’ll just order the one from Apple

Reactions: VSMacOne

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
It’ll be easier to spot when the first reviews get posted but judging by some of these hands-on videos there is a slight curve at the edges which will make this year’s screen protectors almost impossible to be edge-to-edge. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the early screen protectors have major fit issues.
Is this the Natural Titan finish or the black one?

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
Hm… good that you bring it up…
I might actually splurge and go for the Belkin one and let it be applied at an Apple Store…
I think they redo it if it doesn’t fit…

I hope they do it on launch day to…(if I end up with the Belkin)

Reactions: VSMacOne

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Are the Apple Stores still installing the Belkin screen protectors? I remember the device they used to install them. It was a perfect install.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I grabbed a 4-pack of these on Amazon for $10. Even if they aren't great, they'll hold me over until I find something better.

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Are the Apple Stores still installing the Belkin screen protectors? I remember the device they used to install them. It was a perfect install.
I think they probably are. Looking at the Belkin Ultraglass (for 15 Pro) on the Apple website today, I noticed it states:

‘Includes Easy Align tray for precise application at home
If you would prefer having a protector professionally applied, please visit an Apple Store and purchase a Belkin UltraGlass 2 Screen Protector compatible with Screen Protection Applicator, sold only in Apple Store locations.*’

I was tempted to order & install myself, but have decided to try visiting an Apple Store on the weekend of the launch, to see if the store has stock and can install for me. The store fitted a protector to my iPhone X back in 2017 & the install was perfect.

When I took delivery my current phone (12 Mini), the stores were closed in the UK as I seem to recall (winter lockdown for Covid?), so I ended up fitting the Belkin protector at home using the supplied ‘Easy Align Tray’ & was pleasantly surprised/impressed with the result (install was perfect), but I don’t know if I was just lucky. Think I would feel more comfortable getting the store to fit the protector to my 15 Pro once I have it.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I think they probably are. Looking at the Belkin Ultraglass (for 15 Pro) on the Apple website today, I noticed it states:

‘Includes Easy Align tray for precise application at home
If you would prefer having a protector professionally applied, please visit an Apple Store and purchase a Belkin UltraGlass 2 Screen Protector compatible with Screen Protection Applicator, sold only in Apple Store locations.*’

I was tempted to order & install myself, but have decided to try visiting an Apple Store on the weekend of the launch, to see if the store has stock and can install for me. The store fitted a protector to my iPhone X back in 2017 & the install was perfect.

When I took delivery my current phone (12 Mini), the stores were closed in the UK as I seem to recall (winter lockdown for Covid?), so I ended up fitting the Belkin protector at home using the supplied ‘Easy Align Tray’ & was pleasantly surprised/impressed with the result (install was perfect), but I don’t know if I was just lucky. Think I would feel more comfortable getting the store to fit the protector to my 15 Pro once I have it.
Ah, yeah, I just noticed that statement. I think you are right! The “*” at the end adds more color:

“Manufacturer Note
* This application-included screen protector is not available online”

I have been lucky with the self install kits as well. I would definitely feel more comfortable having it installed at the Apple Store though. I’ll be going to the Apple Store the weekend of the launch assuming I receive my preorder on Fri 9/22 😀

Reactions: MagicTorch

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
A lot of these are “case-friendly” designs which means even for the 14 Series they never went completely edge to edge. So I think the new screen protectors will continue that practice and stop just short of where the glass curves a bit.

Reactions: Mr.C and VSMacOne

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Anyone received their Spigen EZ fits?

Mine seemingly have no cut out for the top speaker?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.