Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rightoffrost

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
Hiya

Anyone else have issues with touch responsiveness on iPhone 15 pro after applying Glass Screen protector - from Spigen in my case.

Haven’t even use the phone without as fitted to brand new as soon as opened. But I’m struggling with occasional letter missed when typing and apps not opening when touched etc.
Seems I need to press harder to response occasionally.

Anyone else ?
Yes! I have the 15 Pro, and without a screen protector it’s fine. But if I put one on, it lags and misses key strokes. Tried 3 different brands, and all do the same 😩

Tinkerbellaa22

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2019
I have the Spigen EZ Fit glass screen protector and it's brilliant, no issues with at all and it's so perfect I forget there's a protector on.

I think you've got a hardware issue.

wche

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Torras protector here with 15P. Missing taps on the upper left and right of the screen.

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
I also updated to 17.0.3 and still missing some taps when typing at a brisk pace and its driving me bonkers. Have a genius appointment but no idea if its going to help seeing as it is so hard to replicate unless you spend time on the device typing often.

Are we confident this is a software issue that should be fixed by 17.1 or still thinking it is a hardware issue with some units?

Thanks!

Reactions: rightoffrost

rightoffrost

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
I also updated to 17.0.3 and still missing some taps when typing at a brisk pace and its driving me bonkers. Have a genius appointment but no idea if its going to help seeing as it is so hard to replicate unless you spend time on the device typing often.

Are we confident this is a software issue that should be fixed by 17.1 or still thinking it is a hardware issue with some units?

Thanks!
Yep. I went in to Apple too, and that’s when the said it wasn’t an issue, and sent me on my way. I want to return my phone, but Verizon will charge a $50 restock fee, and I’d be out the $35 upgrade fee. Plus when I got a replacement, id be charged another $35 activation fee. Not to mention the almost everywhere is out of stock of iPhones. So I’m forced to suck it up and hope they eventually can/will fix the issue, or trade for an android device before my 30 day return window is up. 🫣🫣

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
Yep. I went in to Apple too, and that’s when the said it wasn’t an issue, and sent me on my way. I want to return my phone, but Verizon will charge a $50 restock fee, and I’d be out the $35 upgrade fee. Plus when I got a replacement, id be charged another $35 activation fee. Not to mention the almost everywhere is out of stock of iPhones. So I’m forced to suck it up and hope they eventually can/will fix the issue, or trade for an android device before my 30 day return window is up. 🫣🫣
Really? Wow. Were you able to replicate it for them and show the issue? It sounds like some Apple support people are saying it is indeed a real issue and some are saying its not. There has got to be a way to get some clarification on this.

rightoffrost

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
Really? Wow. Were you able to replicate it for them and show the issue? It sounds like some Apple support people are saying it is indeed a real issue and some are saying its not. There has got to be a way to get some clarification on this.
They told me if it bothered me, to not have screen protector. That was the best they gave me. 🤣🤣

Tdevilsg

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2021
Reporting in to say I have this issue as well. Not entirely sure what's causing it. I don't believe my 13 pro with the ios 17 update had the same problem.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
I never upgraded my 13 Pro to iOS 17 but I had a screen protector on it and it was perfectly fine.

Maybe it’s the new 15 Pro having slightly less bezel so a protector makes it go bonkers? But I do notice it’s less sensitive even without one though. Typing is a chore sometimes.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Just installed a Torass Diamond Shield on my 15 PM this morning and haven't had any touch issues.

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
I have been testing with combinations of protectors and cases and as weird as it sounds, the case is what has been causing most of my touch sensitivity issues. I took it out of the case, left the protector on and its 10000% better for touch. I wonder if the edge of the case was interfering with the screen somehow.

Anyone else want to try it out and see?

USAFmedic70

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
Hiya

Anyone else have issues with touch responsiveness on iPhone 15 pro after applying Glass Screen protector - from Spigen in my case.

Haven’t even use the phone without as fitted to brand new as soon as opened. But I’m struggling with occasional letter missed when typing and apps not opening when touched etc.
Seems I need to press harder to response occasionally.

Anyone else ?
I am, big time. The screen protectors work fine by themselves but adding the case, the screen starts messing up. Halfway through a game it will start doing very strange things. I have 2 out of 4 cases that won't mess up. I believe the extra real estate of the 15 is causing cases that have a lip around the edge to press on the screen.

3rik-f

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
Regardless of how fast you type, you can easily reproduce this issue by tapping the spacebar very lightly with the tip of your thumb. I can tap a lot and very clearly feel that I'm touching the display, but the input is not registered.

I tried this with different protectors from Amazon (LK and JETech). When I do the same without any protector, it registers very reliably. On my old OnePlus phone, it even registers about a quarter millimeter before I even touch the display.
I'm on iOS 17.1.

Reactions: MikesGravity
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.