Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toadvine8

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2023
Anyone solve this issue? At least in my case, it's really obviously a problem with touchscreen protectors in general not being compatible with the new 15 pro. I've tried 3 different brands at different price points but the issue persists. As soon as I take the protector off it works fine. Updated to the most recent IOS.
Never seen this issue before on any android/apple phone ever. The touchscreen is essentially unusable and I'm out of ideas. I'm about 2 days away from returning it and going back to my iphone 13 that works like every other phone on the market (except the 15 pro apparently).

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Anyone solve this issue? At least in my case, it's really obviously a problem with touchscreen protectors in general not being compatible with the new 15 pro. I've tried 3 different brands at different price points but the issue persists. As soon as I take the protector off it works fine. Updated to the most recent IOS.
Never seen this issue before on any android/apple phone ever. The touchscreen is essentially unusable and I'm out of ideas. I'm about 2 days away from returning it and going back to my iphone 13 that works like every other phone on the market (except the 15 pro apparently).
Never had an issue with my Spigen and 15PM

3rik-f

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
Belkin, ESR and Torras have given me no touch issues on my 15 Pro.
So what happens when you tap your keyboard spacebar with the very tip of your finger as lightly as you can? I can tap multiple times in a row without it registering, so that I can even hear my finger hit the display in a quiet room. This is not happening without a protector, and it's much less pronounced on my friend's 14 Pro (I can't really get multiple misses in a row).

I'm using 17.1.1 btw.

Edit: To clarify, it's not a big problem when I use my phone normally. I only notice that I have to click some buttons twice sometimes. It doesn't make the phone unusable, it's just a bit annoying. That's why I specifically ask you to do the test, as not everyone will notice this during everyday use.

Last edited:

stefano.bb

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2022
I have been testing with combinations of protectors and cases and as weird as it sounds, the case is what has been causing most of my touch sensitivity issues. I took it out of the case, left the protector on and its 10000% better for touch. I wonder if the edge of the case was interfering with the screen somehow.

Anyone else want to try it out and see?

I have a FLOLAB 3D installed on my 15 Pro, and it has giving me the same unresponsive touch issues reported on this thread.

I was about to pull it out, when I had the exact same though as you, so I took off my Apple Clear Case, and it has drastically improved, at least for now.

My guess is that the case’s edges all around could be slightly pushing the screen protectors edges inwards and messes up some contact points between the screen and the protector.

It’s definitely worth a try, and I hope it’s not temporary or some kind of placebo effect. It really seems to have fixed the issue, so fingers crossed.

For me it also served as a good excuse to go the case-less way for a while 🙃

Edit: nevermind what I wrote earlier, it went back to having the same issues. Not as much, but annoying enough to take the screen protector off and the case back on.

Last edited:

egot42

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2023
I just picked up the iPhone 15 Pro with a Zagg screen protector and I am having this problem. It's maddening! I haven't had this problem with Zagg or any other iPhone in the past.

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
Yeah this is an infuriating issue and one Apple denies. I took my phone in and my old 13PM to prove how awful the touch response is on the new one and they just “ran diagnostics” and said it’s totally fine and no issues and see ya later. If I was still in the return window I’d get rid of the disaster that is the 15PM and keep the 13.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Has there been any news about this last month? I have a 14 Pro with a Spigen screen cover and case, no issue at all.

Yesterday I got myself a 15 Pro with a spigen screen cover and case, and the typing experience is way worse. I can’t light tap anymore on the space bar and on the other keys (q, a, backspace). Didn’t know this was a known issue and is really disappointed. I really prefer having a screen cover because I get really OCD over micro scratches.

Lizziecoopee

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2024
Hiya

Anyone else have issues with touch responsiveness on iPhone 15 pro after applying Glass Screen protector - from Spigen in my case.

Haven’t even use the phone without as fitted to brand new as soon as opened. But I’m struggling with occasional letter missed when typing and apps not opening when touched etc.
Seems I need to press harder to response occasionally.

Anyone else ?
I currently have this issue and received my iPhone 15 pro in 2024 and have used BOTH spigen and ZAGG glass screen protectors. I am happy other people are experiencing the issue and it’s not just me being picky. I can’t tell if it’s a software or the thickness of the screen protector. I am a pretty fast tester and using my phone without the screen protector is fine with the touch sensitivity.

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
Is this an issue with only the pro and pro max or are some of you having this issue with the regular 15 and plus?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I have the Torras edge to edge protector on and the keyboard seems to not register every touch every now and then..The Apple KB isn't the best anyway (especially for swipe typing which is how I use it.. ) and now this..

Sucks because I love how the Torras protector covers the entire screen!

misaelgs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2018
I bought my Iphone 15pro back in November 2023, but until today (12-Feb-24) I installed a clear tempered glass protector from JETech, the responsiveness of the touch screen has decreased significantly

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
I bought my Iphone 15pro back in November 2023, but until today (12-Feb-24) I installed a clear tempered glass protector from JETech, the responsiveness of the touch screen has decreased significantly
Does this issue occur if not using a screen protector on the iPhone 15 pro

misaelgs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2018
Does this issue occur if not using a screen protector on the iPhone 15 pro
No, this issue was not before I installed the screen protector (I've been using it for 3 months with no issues), but I had not expirienced this in any other Iphone Model, and with the same JETech screen protector brand, that really odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.