Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
So I see that Xfinity Mobile has announced their deal for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro.

New and existing Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can get up to $830 off eligible Apple devices, including the new iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro, with a qualifying device trade-in.

No trade-in? No problem. New Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can get $400 off the same eligible Apple devices with the addition of a new line.

Customers can also stack this promotion with a $100 Visa Prepaid Card when they activate a new phone line.

I checked the trade in on my iPhone 12 Pro and they only wanted to give me $240 which is laughable. Even apple is giving $360 and Decluttr quoted me at $400.

Now that the pre-order is live. The promo trade in is showing up. I got $700 for my 12 Pro. I wish they would have said what the promo trade in values were ahead of the pre-order. I wasn't going to order with the low trade in value they were showing previously.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllergyDoc

wtjham

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
TN
So I see that Xfinity Mobile has announced their deal for the iPhone 15 but it's not as good as last year for me.

New and existing Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can get up to $830 off eligible Apple devices, including the new iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro, with a qualifying device trade-in.

No trade-in? No problem. New Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can get $400 off the same eligible Apple devices with the addition of a new line.

Customers can also stack this promotion with a $100 Visa Prepaid Card when they activate a new phone line.

I checked the trade in on my iPhone 12 Pro and they only wanted to give me $240 which is laughable. Even apple is giving $360 and Decluttr quoted me at $400.
I think on preorder day they will be better trade in offers. I played around with a 14 Pro Max 1 TB and they say $600. That’s the most expensive one and it doesn’t get that $800 they promise. Will be interesting to see what that looks like on Friday.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I be careful with Xfinity Mobile there been some post of people when they order and have it shipped that they get a empty box

nnunnelly

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2021
I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max with 11 payments remaining (so half paid). Any idea how the "trade in" would work in that case?

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max with 11 payments remaining (so half paid). Any idea how the "trade in" would work in that case?
I'm pretty sure in this case you can't use the trade in but you can basically return the device to them and get a new device. You just don't get any discount from the trade in. You just select replace device on your account.

You're eligible for an upgrade​

Since you have made more than half the payments on your current device, you are eligible for an upgrade if you return your current device to us. Your old device must be returned at an Xfinity retail store in like-new condition or you may be charged the full remaining balance on the device. Note: There is an upgrade fee.

Upgrading to a new device will stop the promotional monthly credits being applied on your current device.

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I be careful with Xfinity Mobile there been some post of people when they order and have it shipped that they get a empty box
Interesting. I've purchased both the 12 pro and 14 pro when and got them on release day and no issues with empty boxes.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I sell your phone on swappa. and do not do trade ins with Xfinity Mobile so that way no issues and you get to Maxies your profit

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I sell your phone on swappa. and do not do trade ins with Xfinity Mobile so that way no issues and you get to Maxies your profit
Yes but please buy insurance. I sold an iPhone X on Swappa once and it was a huge stress. For awhile it looked like the phone was stolen or lost. Then like a week later it had movement so the buyer was threatening to try and cancel.

bmwguy904

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
Yeah I used to do their yearly upgrade and with Apple’s low trade value this year, I thought about going back to just upgrade through them. However since I upgrade yearly, I wouldn’t get the full credit (12 months vs they spread the promo over 24 and you lose the difference if you trade in early), plus they charge a fee to upgrade. In the end the math just didn’t make sense for me.

Also, we have had issues with the trade in credit not showing before too, so there is that as well.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
if any one is thinking of going with or changing to

Xfinity Mobile I would run and run away and don't look back other wise you be sorry​

• Haha
Reactions: Phone Junky

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I've been using Xfinity Mobile since I switched from Verizon when the 11 Pro Max was released and haven't had any issues.

Reactions: philfry

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Usually, the cellular companies that are not really heard of are somewhat cheaper. For instance, I got an SE 3rd gen for $150 at Walmart with Total by Verizon since I sold my 14 Pro and in 60 days it unlocked compared to if I had to buy it from T-Mobile for $400. How long do you have to use Xfinity Mobile before it can be unlocked?

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010

I assume the up to $830 and $400 will be returned to the customer as bill credits rather than a straight up discount at the time of purchase?

Reactions: philfry

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Usually, the cellular companies that are not really heard of are somewhat cheaper. For instance, I got an SE 3rd gen for $150 at Walmart with Total by Verizon since I sold my 14 Pro and in 60 days it unlocked compared to if I had to buy it from T-Mobile for $400. How long do you have to use Xfinity Mobile before it can be unlocked?
60 days.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I assume the up to $830 and $400 will be returned to the customer as bill credits rather than a straight up discount at the time of purchase?
I am an Xfinity mobile customer, and yes- that is how it works- you only get it via monthly credits over the course of two years, so you have to buy the phone on a payment plan.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
We have xfi and got both 13PM from them discounted. That said, AppleCare was only available thru them at an increased rate. Buying direct from Apple this year.

paapplefan

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2015
We have xfi and got both 13PM from them discounted. That said, AppleCare was only available thru them at an increased rate. Buying direct from Apple this year.
I got the 13 Pro two years ago from them and was able to add applecare later directly from Apple. Has something changed? I’m deciding whether to order from Apple or Xfinity tomorrow morning. Was thinking Xfinity since that will start the replacement process and I can finance.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I got the 13 Pro two years ago from them and was able to add applecare later directly from Apple. Has something changed? I’m deciding whether to order from Apple or Xfinity tomorrow morning. Was thinking Xfinity since that will start the replacement process and I can finance.
Just be careful ordering from xfinity with the horror stories of people getting empty boxes strongly recommended not going through xfinity With your iPhone 15 order I go through apple instead at lest then you have a grater chance of getting your iPhone 15

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Just be careful ordering from xfinity with the horror stories of people getting empty boxes strongly recommended not going through xfinity With your iPhone 15 order I go through apple instead at lest then you have a grater chance of getting your iPhone 15
I've been ordering iPhones from Xfinity for a couple of years and have never experienced this or known anyone who has.

Reactions: paapplefan

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
I've been ordering iPhones from Xfinity for a couple of years and have never experienced this or known anyone who has.
Dos not mean it can happen to you at some point wants us no how things go once you get the order in your hands and open the box

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.