Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
This is the first year that Comcast isn't offering any device discount unless I add a line...bummer...
Same here. Xfinity Mobile has provided some of the best discounts every year when I'd pay off my iPhone and upgrade to a new one. This year, squat. I was able to get 256GB White Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max with delivery on 9/22.

Last edited:

Tibits

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
This is the first year that Comcast isn't offering any device discount unless I add a line...bummer...
Xfinity is offering the same discounts whether you add a new line or upgrade an existing line. At least this is what I'm seeing.

Reactions: qtrim

nnunnelly

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2021
Xfinity is offering the same discounts whether you add a new line or upgrade an existing line. At least this is what I'm seeing.

With no trade in, it's $400 off for a new line, but no discount to upgrade an existing line. In the past they offered the discount either way. Here is the comparison:

1694788839944.png

1694788865601.png

Reactions: Tibits

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
They did offer a very good trade in this year. I got $700 for my 12 pro. That’s much more than Apple would give.

Reactions: Tibits

stanswx

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Champaign, IL
Thinking about trading in our iPhone 11 Pro Max phones for the 15 Pro Max. Xfinity Mobile is offering me $700 per phone trade-in which seems to be a lot better deal than selling on eBay. It looks like they're only letting you do one line or at least one line per order. When I try to upgrade both of our lines at the same time, it asks to remove the 'replacement device' from the cart. Also, they want you to pay the taxes and first month up front so that hurts the deal a little bit. $184.33 per phone up front for the 512GB 15 Pro Max. Still tempting though!

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
They’ll still prorate the $700 over 24 months. For an 11 Pro, that trade sounds tasty. And everyone makes you pay full taxes on the full price of the replacement device.

Reactions: stanswx

philfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I was under the impression that you need to have fully paid of the phone, before Xfinity will unlock it. Does Xfinity really unlock in 60 days even if you are still paying off the phone in installments?
No. They won’t unlock until it’s paid off. The 60 days was assumed it was already paid off. I usually unlock mine as soon as they are paid off.

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
No. They won’t unlock until it’s paid off. The 60 days was assumed it was already paid off. I usually unlock mine as soon as they are paid off.
That's what I thought and if one chooses to pay it off early, you lose the rest of your trade in credits as well. So, for anyone that wants to get the phone unlocked within 24 months, this is very likely a not so great deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.