Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Honestly... who the hell cares?!? Good grief in a few short months this phone will be everywhere. Don't get all this geeking out over this part or that part or whether someone can turn on a makeshift iPhone or not, etc. As William Shatner once famously said "Come on people, get a life!".

I think you're on the wrong site.

MRLLACCOUNT66

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2014
I'm a little skeptical, because with iOS 8 the iTunes symbol that appears when it shows "Connect to iTunes" is reddish in color.

Suspended
Aug 19, 2014
Anyone notice that the screen looks like an Amoled display? Only certain parts are illuminated?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Ok MR this is getting silly now. Maybe you guys need to take the holiday weekend off.

Mr.2double3

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2014
I would wager that's a post-manufacturing screen displayed before any firmware has been flashed to the logic board. Notice how quick it was? It was like a bios post, followed by a prompt to initially flash the device.

That might also explain why the image displayed appears to stop above where the screen should extend. If you look at the 5s, the cable in the image on screen extends almost to the home button. But on the "6", it stops well above that, giving the illusion that it has a huge bottom bezel, which we already know is about the same size as the 5s.

It's possible that the initial boot displays in lower resolution, or that they tried to flash a 5s ipsw onto the phone, causing it to display in lower resolution.

I fully agree with your answer.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Well folks, this pretty much confirms the existence, design, and physical look for the next iPhone. The only thing that isn't confirmed is the official name.

Can't believe that with all the part leaks, we can actually get the device to boot. The iPhone 6 part of the keynote will be pretty boring come Tuesday...

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
In regards to the blue iTunes logo, I think Apple will still be using that one in favour of the red one until iTunes 12 ships with Yosemite.

Last year, an iOS update (7.0.3) was released on the same day as Mavericks launched, so it is possible that an update will occur again in October, which will then change the icon to the new red version.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking this...

Chris5488

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
Fake

what the heck is that gear icon at 0:43? That is not seen anywhere in iOS. I think its a fake.

I think you nailed something else... I rechecked that part in the video and when de gear comes on, you see its parallel with our point of view, while the iPhone is being hold under an angle! The gear and iTunes logo afterwards should angled with the device. If you replay the part from 0:44 till he puts it back on the table, you can feel its fake by seeing the image on screen in comparison with the movement he makes with the phone. The image is added digitally afterwards.

+

the image is much clearer/brighter than the 5S's in this video, also suggesting the image is digitally added afterwards.

Last edited:

solamar

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
Fake

The cable in the screens image is way to high from where it should be.. they used a 4″ LED screen from an iPhone 5s.. pushed it up and hocked it together in a mock iPhone 6 case..

They even give themselves away when they show the 5s, it’s image of the cable and iTunes logo start at the BOTTOM of the screen. heh.. media junkies looking for 15 minutes..

randymac09

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Maryland
Apple on the sideline trying to control the leaks and MacRumors' readers be like......

1363431993587608526.GIF

thisrocks

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Feld + Volk = 2 people = Double the amount of people = Double down.

Will be interesting to see if they get all the iWearable and future iPad leaks. In fact any future iDevice leak.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
I'll admit,the black is looking sexy! I'll still get white because it hides more fingerprints,but that black looks pretty darn good.

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Fake! Real iPhones are not built from components. They are born fully formed on the branch of an iPhone tree.

I always thought that phone were growing in the hand of people in the street, only need to grab it quick and run ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.