Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneZweiThree

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Bavaria
If this is the final design then we re talking about the ugliest, most samsung-like, iPhone ever. iPhone 4, 5 was like bang & olufsen. iPhone 6 is like Samsung. Bevels, extracted camera, outlines? WTF? Made only for US & Chinese people who suffer from bad taste? Maybe.

I actually don't mind the look of the back with its thick antenna bands. It`s the front with the curved glass, that kills it for me. I think they should have gone with a design more like the iPod Touch or iPad (Curve on the back and chamfer on the front).

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Is it really bad the only thing i can take away from this video is :

Which stupid ******* decided to move the power switch to the side of the phone opposite the volume buttons, one of the things i HATE about a lot of the android phones was accidentally turning them off because using volume up one handed meant my thumb sat on the power switch on the other side.

It really is the worst design idea EVER and pretty much proof that without Steve Jobs apple is officially going down hill, he would never have let such a stupid button placement into his device.

Other than that, im liking the rounded corners and larger screen, looks more like the Gen 1 iPhone now, should sit in the hands better, stupid button layout not-withstanding.

jont-fu

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
Even the usb cable is going to the mid of the imac instead to the right side

Dude, they are just using the integrated cable management system a.k.a. the hole in the base of the iMac which you can run cables through!

honam1021

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
This seems to be fake. As you can see, the iOS 8 recovery logo is red (as seen on my iPhone 5s running iOS 8 beta 5). There's no reason for this device to have the iOS 7 recovery logo for any reason. Plus wtf is that gear logo. That's seen nowhere in iOS.

That gear is the boot logo for Apple's prototyping tool called Switchboard. If you look at earlier Apple prototypes, they often show a similar logo on boot:
http://cdn.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/yV6BV.jpg

It looks like they remotely disabled the software and now it's stuck in recovery mode, although I can't explain about the blue iTunes logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.