Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
These rumors are suspect in my mind.

Sure, anyone can guess 128gigs. The delayed 5.5" rumor is nothing new. The rest seems sketchy. Why would Apple launch an iPad at a huge iPhone event that (allegedly) already has the iWatch as well?! Programmable power button?! Wtf? Dunno, this guy seems off to me.

I really hope the 5.5" isn't delayed 5-10 weeks. Going to make my purchase decision much harder. I want the 5.5" but I don't feel like waiting AND I don't feel like setting my AT&T purchase calendar back 1-2 months.

:apple:

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Hey look, it's Ming Chi Kuo throwing more crap against the wall hoping something sticks, and once again, people think a random guy's guesses are facts.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
These rumors are suspect in my mind.

Sure, anyone can guess 128gigs. The delayed 5.5" rumor is nothing new. The rest seems sketchy. Why would Apple launch an iPad at a huge iPhone event that (allegedly) already has the iWatch as well?! Dunno, this guy seems off to me.

I guess iPad can wait for an october event, maybe with some other stuff like revamped Mac Mini, new Apple TV...
There is no rush for a new iPad in my opinion, and they never announce too many products on the same day. Is better for them to launch the new iPhone, maybe give people a peek at the iWatch and stop there.
A month later, when the iPhone already hit the shelves, they can start promoting the new iPad

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Can anyone imagine a usecase for a programmable power button? I have no idea in what cases this could be useful.

I could see this if you could add your favorite apps so you could get to them easier, or even making the button active for camera or other apps as the app devs see fit.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Breaking news:
The rumor that one of the rumors we've heard rumors about, may not be a rumor.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
iPhone 3GS, for Something;
iPhone 4S, for Steve, who passed away the following day
iPhone 5S, for Sensor, where Touch ID was introduced
iPhone 6S, for Sapphire... Why not?

;)

LOL...

Seriously though, wasn't 3GS 'speed', 4S 'Siri'?, and 5S 'Security'?

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
The storage options will definitely be 16, 64 and 128.

If they started at 32, too many people would buy that model, lowering the average selling price for the iPhone. Moving to 16, 64, 128 would encourage more people to jump to the higher priced models, increasing the average selling price.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
I have never owned a watch with a sapphire crystal that didn't scratch. I've never understood why Apple leaned this direction...IF they ever have, that is. It's all just rumor, right?

KazKam

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
Great post. This guy has been accurate - AT TIMES - so it's interesting to see what information he is sharing and his history.

Yeah, but this guy's approach to predictions are like Samsung's approach to product design... Throw enough excrement at the wall and some of it's bound to stick.

If you predict everything and hedge enough, some of it's bound to be correct by sheer volume.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
No saphire for the lens?

Even the iPod has that... this would be crazy stupid.

Because Ming-Chi Kuo has had such a great track record of Apple's products in the past - of course it will have a sapphire lens, it would be ridiculous to have a protruding lens without proper protection.

Yeah, but this guy's approach to predictions are like Samsung's approach to product design... Throw enough excrement at the wall and some of it's bound to stick.

If you predict everything and hedge enough, some of it's bound to be correct by sheer volume.

So true, most of it is fairly obvious too, especially since it's based of leaks.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
PS: how does anyone here who intends on purchasing a 128GB phone justify such a high-priced device?

Assuming the unlocked price for the 4.7" iPhone 6 (16GB) is $649 (already expensive), we'd be looking at 32/64/128 -> 749/849/949, and *assuming* the 5.5" is $100 more per increment, that's $1049 for the highest storage option.

I mean, I love my iPhone... use it every day and so on... but man, I personally can't imagine spending near $1000 for such a small device with such a fast turnover. Are people that careless with storage that they're willing to jump up $300 to store more stuff? There's so many cloud options nowadays too.

That's IF the $100 price bump is real (doubtful) and IF the 128 is a new price tier (rather than 16/64/128, with the new 128 at the price point of the old 64). More likely, the price structure will remain exactly as it has been for many years now, with the top model $849 off contract.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy

Well, you do make a good point. But out of all the analyst, he's the only one I'll at least give any consideration to.

orioncrystalice

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
This is approaching maddening. I might have to force myself to not visit this site until after the 9th :p

Serrat

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Oslo, Norway
I still find it hard to believe that Apple will announce both models at the same time only to make one available at launch and then wait weeks/months to release the other. I wonder how many people would hold off and wait for the 5.5" instead. I know I would be one of those.

Well, on the other side: If both came at the same time, most people would choose between them. If they release them at separate times, more people will buy both.
Although I believe they do it because of production issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.