Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Try the latest iOS 15 that works on the device.
My college has it on his 6S+ and refuses to swap his phone as it is still being supported with software updates.
i'm using iOS 15 on my SE and it works great.

But check battery status, if its to degraded it will throttle and that affects performance.
The 6 Plus can only run iOS 12 max. The 6S Plus can run iOS 15.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Apple Store Genius Bar experience is one of the reasons I buy Apple devices. Not the only reason but it’s a big part. I absolutely hated dealing with Dell/HP or others. Ability to walk down to a store 10 mins away and get your problem taken care is cool.
I think for me, things changed once they actually got rid of the 'bar' itself. Perhaps it's still there at other Apple stores, but not at the one I frequent. Just a bunch of tables and they have a presentation area with small square block chairs in the middle.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I want to say "it's an acronym" but I'm too lazy to come up with a "full" meaning myself xD
No acronym, just Americans being Americans. :D

Started as a repair shop in Florida, expanded and eventually got bought by Asurion. Asurion attempted to rename it but ran into flak for it, so left it alone.

I don't pretend that every ubreakifix store is wonderful (I've only visited one), but at least now I know one place I can go.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Well, that’s different, you’d already paid for that service. Edit: Also, they saved themselves money, didn't they?

Same store had a Genius trying his best to get my iPad Air 2 in for battery replacement despite the tool claiming the battery was 91%, because he could look at the health history and see that was crap. Alas, no dice.

• Sad
Reactions: AlixSPQR

h.gilbert

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2022
Bordeaux
True in the big central London ones, but others are generally fine. Bristol one is rarely very busy and the staff are helpful, even if last time I took in a MacBook Air for repair they just ran software updates on it and told me it was fixed, got home to find the issue was still there. Which was a bit weird.

Good to see a fellow Bristolian on here

• Love
Reactions: SirAnthonyHopkins

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
But now you have to deal with how miserable a 6 plus would be to use in 2023 lol. That phone was slow within a year or 2 of owning it. I’m sure the battery you put in is worth more than the phone itself

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
But now you have to deal with how miserable a 6 plus would be to use in 2023 lol. That phone was slow within a year or 2 of owning it. I’m sure the battery you put in is worth more than the phone itself
My current primary phone is an 11 Pro Max. ;)

My secondary phone is a 6S Plus. It has it's own line, basically I use it on walks or when I could damage my 11PM.

Third phone is a Pixel 3a XL, the phone I had in between the 6s Plus and the 11 Pro Max.

Fourth on the list would be the 6 Plus, the subject of this thread. I'm basically using it as a music streamer at the moment.

All four phones are unlocked but I use my 11 Pro Max as my main phone.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.