Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
It's the 1gb of RAM. Wifey has a mini 4 and it works great on IOS 10. Apple shouldve recalled the 6 plus turd and given every owner a 6s plus.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Good idea, but prenup still leaves me with roof problem.:D:D:D:D:D

Apple still best when it comes to customer service.

Yes. They admitted it wasn't right I should have to pay to fix my broken phone from touch disease when I had reported issue (so it was documented) before they admitted to the design flaw. Now just hoping it lasts long enough for the iPhone 8 I will replace I with.

It's their customer service that is a large part of my liking their products
[doublepost=1502551921][/doublepost]
It's the 1gb of RAM. Wifey has a mini 4 and it works great on IOS 10. Apple shouldve recalled the 6 plus turd and given every owner a 6s plus.

For me it wasn't the ram, it literally was the touch disease design flaw. My friend who didn't have apple care is having all the issues I had before 6+ was replaced -- slow, unresponsive to touch, touch ID won't oftwn recognize fingerprints.

Franky the 6+ should have been recalled but apple is getting away with it..

TITNTUFF

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
West Louisiana
I have a 6 plus running 10.3.3
I setup as a new device when the new file system came out, and over the air upgrade since then.
I am still impressed with the speed and capabilities of the 6 plus. I have compared to some 6s and several android phones my co workers have.
If your 6 plus is slow maybe there is a hardware issue, or maybe a setup as new device will help.

Reactions: HEK

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
Hi,

Recently I've noticed my iPhone 6+ has become more and more frustrating to use. I can't pinpoint a date - maybe it was after iOS 10 or another update - but it seems incredible how slow it is! The camera will take forever to open, and then hang with a blurred screen before finally being usable after about 10 seconds, Snapchat will take about 15 seconds to become responsive, once Spotify is paused it's purged from memory almost instantly and it takes forever to reopen, Safari will hang and be unresponsive, occasionally it won't unlock after pressing the home button before suddenly catching up and opening Wallet from the lock screen, etc...

Was just wondering whether it was just me, or others have noticed the same. It feels similar to when iOS devices are running out of space, but I still have about 19GB free on my 64GB phone.

Is it a software issue, or just the result of two-year-old (slightly underpowered...) hardware?

Thanks.
i have a iphone 6, and i made the mistake of upgrading to ios10 . Biggest mistake ever. it completely rendered the phone useless. opening the mail and messages or any app takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. ios 10 intentionally uses more ram memory to make the users experience that much more frustrating to force an upgrade of the handset.
[doublepost=1502811152][/doublepost]
Time to upgrade
should'nt have to be that way

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
i have a iphone 6, and i made the mistake of upgrading to ios10 . Biggest mistake ever. it completely rendered the phone useless. opening the mail and messages or any app takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. ios 10 intentionally uses more ram memory to make the users experience that much more frustrating to force an upgrade of the handset.
[doublepost=1502811152][/doublepost]
should'nt have to be that way
Your phone or software is faulty. Try clean reload and if that doesn't work take to Apple Store. What your phone is doing is not normal.

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
Your phone or software is faulty. Try clean reload and if that doesn't work take to Apple Store. What your phone is doing is not normal.
i have done a restore as recommended by , apple said you have too many emails. After I heard this and seeing the usage of ram data, by the apps in ios 10 compared to ios 9. The evidence is clear.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
i have done a restore as recommended by , apple said you have too many emails. After I heard this and seeing the usage of ram data, by the apps in ios 10 compared to ios 9. The evidence is clear.
Seems like you have a rather unique problem. Recommend you buy different brand of phone next time.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Yup same problem here. The old phone gets slower and slower as launch day approaches. When the new phone comes out my old slow phone is unusable and I have to buy a new one. At least I've convinced myself of that.....

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Even if it were fast, I would still say that the 1GB RAM wasn't that great on the 6+. You're welcome to do an upgrade though because the 6S+ is affordable now and the 7+ will drop in price in a month or so. Don't have to get a 7S+ or iPhone 8 to get an "upgrade."

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
i was simply affirming another persons qualms about apple software on older phones.
Funny, I never experienced those issues. Always updated older phones. Some even over three years. If this were really wide spread, think there would be way more articles. Didn't some 6 iPhones have touch disease. Still think you had defective one. Not common, but when it happens to you it is a pain.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
i want to throw my iP6 (not plus) out the window at times. the response time is extremely bad than before. i go through the full charge of the iPhone along with my mophie juice pack plus case charge. every app is very slow.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I have the 6+ and it's been going 3 years strong. I think it runs fine, apps maybe take 3-4 seconds to open. If that is slow, I wouldn't know since I never owned an "s" version or 7. There are stutters in some apps and some so crash, but it's been a workhorse for me.

I will be upgrading this fall no doubt and with the 3 year hold out, upgrading will be that much sweeter.

tatsuki

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
Mine works fine still, have the odd pause here and there but nothing frustrating, saying that the only game I play is a card game everything else I do on the phone is social media/email/photos/web browsing and it's does all that fast enough that I am happy. Battery life is good, though since I got a Apple watch S1 on sale, battery life sometimes doesn't get me past 10 at night if I do a lot card games and get lots of notifications from watch.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard, having too many emails slowing a phone down. Makes no sense. Why didnt they just suggest you only sync 30 days of email to the device or something?

In any case, if you had a 6+ you may have had touch disease. As I wrote above my 6+ had it, and the replacement phone is night and day better. My friend has 6+ with touch disease, his phone is non-responsive and laggy a lot just like my old 6+.

Looking forward to the iPhone 8, current 6+ is fine, just would like a faster CPU and more memory now.

MrAndrade

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2017
I noticed this on mi 6+ very early on :( right now is nearly unusable. The camera takes the longest time to open, every app refreshes as soon as i close it and re open it, booting takes for ever.

this is the only iPhone that ever happen to me, i was actually very happy with 5.

Hi,

Recently I've noticed my iPhone 6+ has become more and more frustrating to use. I can't pinpoint a date - maybe it was after iOS 10 or another update - but it seems incredible how slow it is! The camera will take forever to open, and then hang with a blurred screen before finally being usable after about 10 seconds, Snapchat will take about 15 seconds to become responsive, once Spotify is paused it's purged from memory almost instantly and it takes forever to reopen, Safari will hang and be unresponsive, occasionally it won't unlock after pressing the home button before suddenly catching up and opening Wallet from the lock screen, etc...

Was just wondering whether it was just me, or others have noticed the same. It feels similar to when iOS devices are running out of space, but I still have about 19GB free on my 64GB phone.

Is it a software issue, or just the result of two-year-old (slightly underpowered...) hardware?

Thanks.

Reactions: BlackBetty380

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I think one of the problems is.. the 6 series only has 1GB RAM. 7 plus and up have 3GB RAM.

BlackBetty380

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2016
No. CA
Hi,

Thanks.

Mine is doing the same thing...frustrating to say the least.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
g terrible on iOS 11 and recently I had a new battery put in and it’s insane the difference in speed now. So this makes sense to me.

Mine is doing the same thing...frustrating to say the least.

You could change your resolution, and get a new battery

Sure those 2 things would help massively

Insane that the slowdowns may also be due to Apple slowing our iPhones due to battery wear. Really horrible...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.