Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
The Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 (unsure about the rest of that line) and the Nexus 5 have protruding cameras. I personally have the GS4 and it has never been an issue. People just like to complain. :)

Edit: I believe some Nokia Lumias have protruding cameras as well, such as the 925, 1020 and 1520.

I will admit that the 1020's camera, while nice, is a little overboard - in fact, it looks like a tumour.

The Nokia 1020 is one fine camera though! I would LOVE Apple to add a similar camera in terms of specs, to the iPhone lineup (minus the tumor of course!) :eek:

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
You have the latest and greatest until Sept 9. You can't be seriously thinking about upgrading ?
Even though I know Apple tries their best, I don't think product releases are targeted for people to upgrade every time a new product comes out.

I upgrade every year and always get an excellent price for my phone that I am selling.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Am I the only one hoping that every leak is wrong? I think all these "leaks" of pictures of the iPhone 6 are absolutely hideous because of those large antennas and that pertruding camera!! I think these leaks are all bs to make people think that people actually have info on the iPhone 6. I think apple will give a us a thin beautiful bigger phone, that none of us expected.

People have been saying this for every iPhone launch since the iPhone 3G. Too many similar mockups and leaks to dispute it at this point. Personally, I'm not too crazy about the iPhone 6 redesign, but where there's smoke, there's fire. We've all seen this movie too many times before.

RealKrS

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
Am I the only one hoping that every leak is wrong? I think all these "leaks" of pictures of the iPhone 6 are absolutely hideous because of those large antennas and that pertruding camera!! I think these leaks are all bs to make people think that people actually have info on the iPhone 6. I think apple will give a us a thin beautiful bigger phone, that none of us expected.

Don't worry. On September 9th, Ive will make us drink the Kool-Aid with a couple 10mn videos about how "Beautifully, Unapologetically" that new design is and we'll all be happy and make our peace with it!.. :apple:

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
iPhone 6 Reportedly Entering Final Quality Control Stage Ahead of Mass Produc...

Upgrading the phone after one year is not smart regardless, hardly ever is it worth updating a phone after a one year update

It's smart for me on a 12m contract as the outgoing phone still has high resale values compared to that of a two year old model.

Besides, new form factor is enough for me as I want something that sits comfortably in the hand after prolonged use, my 5s doesn't.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
For all the people who think it's to late for mass production: Foxconn even had a production volume of 500k per day last year for the 5s. So it's save to say they can also make 500k iPhone 6's per day, probably more.
35 days till release - 15-20 millions of iPhone 6's.

Very true. However, there was recently all of those reports that Apple is striving to meet consumer demand this time around and doesn't want to get caught short for the iPhone 6 launch with constrained supply. They are heavily rumored to upping their production to 80 million units for day one launch. That's a lot of phones to build in the next 37 days. Maybe the rumored robots are really helping with production? :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rders-suppliers-make-80-MILLION-handsets.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...robots-then-those-jobs-are-never-coming-back/

----------

With a brand new design, who can say? Not you, not me, only Apple.

And, sadly, the US does not have the workforce to build as many as would be needed.

If Apple opened a domestic U.S. manufacturing plant on the scale of Foxconn, I'm sure there would be plenty of people lined up to work there. Just based on the Apple brand alone.

----------

This year apple really managed to flood internet with all kinds of fakes. At this point I will just wait for the real announcement and see what they have to show us, because what I'm seeing right now is bull.

Hope so too, but we've been through this before. Too many leaks from too many sources to indicate anything but the leaked cases and screens we've seen thus far. This same thing happens every year.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
It's going to need far more than just a bigger screen and an incremental update to the camera to make me want to upgrade from my 5s.

You've only had it one year. You should want to enjoy your device for more than a year before upgrading. :) I'm upgrading from my 4 year iPhone 4.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
Very true. However, there was recently all of those reports that Apple is striving to meet consumer demand this time around and doesn't want to get caught short for the iPhone 6 launch with constrained supply. They are heavily rumored to upping their production to 80 million units for day one launch. That's a lot of phones to build in the next 37 days. Maybe the rumored robots are really helping with production? :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rders-suppliers-make-80-MILLION-handsets.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...robots-then-those-jobs-are-never-coming-back/

----------

If Apple opened a domestic U.S. manufacturing plant on the scale of Foxconn, I'm sure there would be plenty of people lined up to work there. Just based on the Apple brand alone.

----------

Hope so too, but we've been through this before. Too many leaks from too many sources to indicate anything but the leaked cases and screens we've seen thus far. This same thing happens every year.

That 80 million production is not for DAY ONE launch. That's the speculated entire production run for the iPhone 6 until December 31st.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Story has no substance. They don't know which model it is , Has production already started as previously mentioned in a prior story.
Nor does this story given any sources
Waste of time. I know as much now as I knew before about the iphone6

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Indeed - which is why I don't believe that quality assurance would be this late and full production wasn't already going if the September date is correct. I think this rumor is just wrong.

Ahh I see what you meant now :eek:; but yeah I agree. Seems like it might be tight if this rumor AND the September rumor is correct.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
Just wondering - is the iPhone 6 the first cell phone with a protruding camera? If no - have the experiences with other phones been THAT bad that it seems to be such a major issue?

No. Galaxy S5...?

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
Yeah, the streets are littered with iPod Touches that people have thrown away in disgust…

and don't go into the sales numbers as your defense, it's a different product than the iPhone and less popular from the start.

gee, I wonder why I didn't buy one.

and don't go into (legitimate counter-argument), it's (some ******** reason).

----------

"in before such and such comments" is the new "first" comment.
it's not clever. just useless and annoying.

so...
inb4 the inb4s is the new thing?

Keerock

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
gee, I wonder why I didn't buy one.

and don't go into (legitimate counter-argument), it's (some ******** reason).

My point being that iPods are not of everyone but has there been some type of mass uprising regarding the camera ring? Sure a few posts about them not sitting flat but not a hell-storm of fury by any stretch...

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Indeed - which is why I don't believe that quality assurance would be this late and full production wasn't already going if the September date is correct. I think this rumor is just wrong.

Either this rumor is wrong or it just supports another rumor that came from an analyst called Kuo recently. He stated production of the iPhone 6 would begin in August and it would be released in October. We'll see...

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
Well, I will be passing on this one, as I updated to the 5s earlier this January. So
i'll be waiting for the 6S next year when contract expires.
Definitely interested to actually see what the iPhone6 will really look like though? ;)

ny3ranger

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Here comes the leaks from the ones that "fell off" the assembly line and the ones that will be lost at bars around california!

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

New reports from Chinese media sources (Google Translate, via G for Games) claim that the iPhone 6 has entered a final product validation testing stage ahead of mass production before its launch this fall. Apple is reportedly working with Foxconn's Zhengzhou factory to produce a small number of units to ensure quality control standards have been implemented, as the device will then be mass produced at Apple's various supply partners.

Previously, a report last month claimed that Apple had already begun mass production for the iPhone 6, however it is possible that reported production issues may have led to delayed testing and output. It is also unknown whether this final testing stage is for both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6, as Apple has reportedly had issues in producing the latter's sapphire display and battery life.

Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to be announced at a launch event on Tuesday, September 9. In addition to a larger screen, the device will likely incorporate a thinner, rounded form factor and feature a faster and more efficient A8 chip, as well as an improved camera with stabilization.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Reportedly Entering Final Quality Control Stage Ahead of Mass Production

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.