Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeadKlau5

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for sharing your findings. I assume you have the cycle count from Coconut, right?
No i used on a windows computer a program called "iBackupBot"

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My iPhone 7 Plus is starting to trend downwards. Roughly 145 cycles, 98% health. Still better than what it is rated for, but starting to notice the 2% health loss. When I originally got my phone, it was 105% capacity, so really its a 7% loss.

As to accurately checking your health, the only way to do so is Coconut battery. The battery life app listed above only takes an estimate and not a real time picture of your battery. Battery life says my battery is at 100% still, but its really 97.9%.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
No i used on a windows computer a program called "iBackupBot"

Cool, thanks!

My iPhone 7 Plus is starting to trend downwards. Roughly 145 cycles, 98% health. Still better than what it is rated for, but starting to notice the 2% health loss. When I originally got my phone, it was 105% capacity, so really its a 7% loss.

As to accurately checking your health, the only way to do so is Coconut battery. The battery life app listed above only takes an estimate and not a real time picture of your battery. Battery life says my battery is at 100% still, but its really 97.9%.

Yeah, still having 98% left after 145 cycles seems fair enough. I don't have a Mac, so I'll see what I can do in regards of having my battery checked with Coconut battery.

Last edited:

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2016

What about ibackup bot for windows? it also can read the charge cycle

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
Here are my battery readings from iBackupBot:
batt.jpg

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
...and here's a screenshot I made a few hours earlier from coconutBattery
cocobat.jpg

Last edited:

Silent_Death_2

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2018
I never let the battery drop below 20% unless an emergency. I never unplug the battery unless it's fully charged. So I won't plug in for 20 minutes then unplug. I also don't constantly keep my phone at 100% I use the battery. I also make sure not to let it overheat or get too cold. I'm very particular about my battery health but it is clearly paying off. 4 months and still over 100%.
And which adapter do you use ?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Pleasantly surprised to see that I am still sitting at 90% capacity after over two years of usage as my daily phone. I'm nearly at 600 cycles but you'd never know without checking it.

Debating if I want to get in on the last of the $30 replacements to go another year or two or to just wait it out until I get a new one next year or so. But for the price and to get back to 0 cycles from 600? Wouldn't be a bad idea.
Nearly 600 Cycles.png

I generally have pretty good luck with batteries though. I have a working iBook G4 still with original battery that lasts a while. My iPhone 3GS from 2009, still all original holds 92% capacity as well. And my 1st gen preordered Apple Watch is doing "ok" for it's age. Has well over 1,000 cycles no doubt. It makes it through the day still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.