Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
The 8 I have is great. Very fast. Very responsive. I love the A11 Bionic processor. For me it was good upgrade. I also like Touch ID so that was also what pushed me to get it.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I recently moved from a 6 Plus to an 8 Plus and am so so happy that I did. I was considering putting a new battery in the 6 Plus and trying to get another year out of it, but the sluggishness and reloads were really starting to get to me.

I forgot what it was like to have a new phone until I got the 8 Plus. Everything is smooth and instantaneous. I now see why some people upgrade every year lol. I really couldn’t be happier. My plan was to trade the 8 Plus in next year for an X Plus, but I am so happy with it I am thinking about keeping it longer. It really depends what Apple comes out with next year.

This was the same exact situation I was in. I had to replace my 6+ battery just DAYS before the keynote, which absolutely sucked. But since it was bulging the screen out, I had to do it ASAP for fear of exploding. Did it myself so I saved a few bucks too. (I had to replace it back in Summer 2016 also) But yeah, the phone just felt sluggish, apps, email Safari all loading slow, IOS 11 made it much worse. Thought about the X...just went for the 8+. Going from 2014 phone to '17, lot of new features on it - for me personally...maybe not so new to 6S-7/7+ users. As for performance, this is lightning fast so far, battery life is beyond impressive. My ONLY concern right now are all of the updates so far in the last 2 months - with 11.2 coming very soon. Just hoping these don't premature kill the battery life, slow down the phone to the point where I notice it..and I'm sure we will notice any minor to significant slowness. Right now, everything is smooth, no lag...just fluid movements.

Back to the X, I even recently still thought about it after playing with it for 15-20 min. last week, early this week again. It's nice...much nicer than I expected, not going lie. But to trade in the 8+ now is kind of sad and a big loss of money after only 8 weeks. X has had some random flaws, that "green line of death." I still think it's too early to see possible OLED burn in's also.

So, I'm going to wait until Sept for - hopefully - a plus sized X, most likely faster insides. I'll get that.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Switched from a 7 to 8 and I’ve been enjoying the 8 a lot. I remember I had few problems with the 7 with the hissing issue and battery drain even in airplane mode. The 8 was just a breeze out of the box.

It was an iPhone back to its best. For me, the money I paid for was worth it because the battery life felt like it has improved from the 7. Sure the battery size is smaller than the 7 but I think the A11 has mastered the art of efficiency which the A10 was lacking.

Design wise I think we’ve reached to a point where the original iPhone 6 design has fully matured. The weight and the glass back makes the 8 feel more premium on the hands. Although I’ve to disagree how Apple is charging us for the broken glass back but with proper care I think most of us should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.