Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenlander

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
Yes, a great idea. I do agree however that it seems more fruitful to work with some of the existing projects out there which already have a backend to work off of. Then it's just a matter of creating an iPhone interface frontend for it.

chatster18

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
This has the potential to be an awesome app! I just wish I could program :(

EDIT:

So I went to the Developers Site for AIM, and they have some APIs, and SDKs out already for AIM. Check it out here
Hope that helps

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Yeah, it looks like he beat you to it. I would look at his code though and try to work off it. It is open source, I dont think he would mind if you just improved it. I was looking through it and got quite lost. Good luck!

upenox

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2005
I can help with development on the project. PM me if anyone looks into actually doing this.

upen

Mac Gek

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
How about eBuddy

I have heard rumours ebuddy.com is bringing their new chat client to the iPhone early next week. Without banners this time! Their beta is already running in Safari 3, if you muscle your way past their browser detection. That means AIM, MSN and Yahoo chatting on the iPhone! :)

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
that's aweosme!!!! if only they can make it comtapbile soon with Safari!!

mysticalos

macrumors member
May 8, 2007
Shapeservices is working on something too. When i emailed them asking if they would be making anything for iphone they said they had something in the works but did not provide details. They are the ones who make IM+ for windows mobile, blackberry, palm, java, and simbian phones. They surely know how to make a web 2.0 app.

airkarol

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2005
Hey, if anyone needs hosting or bandwith for this, let me know. I have plenty of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.