Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orionquest

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
Try the iPhone 12 mini or 13 mini. Great phone. Size is really ideal, battery will be better than the se. Camera is great 99% as good as the 14 pro. I have all three models and it’s really hard to tell the difference with the pictures.

The 13mini has a brighter screen than the 12. 14 pro had the best screen of them all. I still miss my mini… but like my 14 pro.
You were so correct with this info. All of it actually. I looked at all the models 14 down to 12, and the mini 13 was the best fit. Size, camera, and screen all great, thanks again!

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Hey all, bit of an update.

I decided to treat myself to a new iphone instead of trying to replace the battery.
I may replace the batter in the SE anyway and keep as a second phone.

At first I wanted the iPhone 13 - 256, it seemed the sweet spot for me in terms price and features. But I soon realized that size phone wouldn't work with my motorcycle and where I would store it. Took at second look at the 13 mini and it was the perfect size, and the price was better.

It's a nice update, the screen is great, it's quick, and finally a battery which lasts almost the entire day and doesn't die when using certain apps.

Though I do miss having a actual button. I think the UI experience was better with the button, it was faster and there is none of this weirdness with the UI doing something different then you intended. I've had the home screen customize interface appear so many times when I just wanted to open the phone to look at something. :rolleyes:

We'll have to see how this phone holds up in the colder weather those, for now it's good.
The 13 Mini is a great device! Battery life will definitely be significantly better than an updated 1st-gen SE.

Regarding the interface, I think it’s just a matter of you getting used to it. You’ll have those little issues at first but then you’ll get used to it.

About battery life, I’d recommend keeping it on iOS 16 forever, you’ll never have any issues even years down the line.

Reactions: orionquest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.