Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
So I used to have an 128gb XR then sold it to buy an 128gb p30 pro, now I want to go back to iphone (yep after a month) and been offered an xs max 256gb. Do I wait it out with the p30 pro or just go for the iphone?
Things I miss about iphone -
imessage
Facetime
The build just seems better to the huawei.
It just "works".
Tbh I just went for the p30 for the camera which is amazing but that's about it.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
If you don't like anything else, I would go back to iPhone. We went to GS8+ for a bit. The phones themselves were cool, but once again they were very poor for OS Updates. Near the end before we went back to iPhone, even security updates were slacking. And we even got the S8+ shortly after launch unlike other Android we tried, so expected we might get timely updates for once but NOOOOOOOOO

Morrissey

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2018
San Diego, California
So I used to have an 128gb XR then sold it to buy an 128gb p30 pro, now I want to go back to iphone (yep after a month) and been offered an xs max 256gb. Do I wait it out with the p30 pro or just go for the iphone?
imessage
Facetime
It just "works".
Tbh I just went for the p30 for the camera which is amazing but that's about it.
Just keep the p30 pro, and wait for the iPhone 12.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I guess it all comes down to what works best for your own needs. There's been a lot of other phones I've liked lately, but it's the Apple ecosystem that keeps me on iPhone.
Yeah it's basically ios I miss, I've found myself downloading the reminders app as it worked well on ios, and messages is a mess on huawei. Tried downloading a new messages app but all either have ads or cost.

Reactions: DevinNj

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
imessage
Facetime
It just "works".

I own both the P30 Pro 256GB and iPhone XS Max 256GB, absolutely enjoy using both but my XS Max is my Daily Driver and I mostly carry the P30 Pro for the Camera.

I would say rather get a iPhone 11 Pro at this point though, at least you will then have both the Camera and iPhone you want.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
I’m very sensitive to lag and frame drops. The closest thing that offers lag free experience is iPhone. Yes, it still drops frames sometimes, but compared to my work issued Note 9 the difference is night and day. I can’t use android just because of constant lag (queue people saying their Note/Huawei/Galaxy don’t lag)

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
If you’re ready to give up P30 Pro that means camera isn’t among your priorities. In that case the XS is plenty good enough. however, you have to take into account that battery life on the XS is significantly worse than on P30 Pro and the XR that you used prior, not to even mention the 11 and 11 Pro. We can expect this year models to be even better in battery efficiency even if only marginally. However, compared to the XS the difference would be huge.

Reactions: Tsepz

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
If you’re ready to give up P30 Pro that means camera isn’t among your priorities. In that case the XS is plenty good enough. however, you have to take into account that battery life on the XS is significantly worse than on P30 Pro and the XR that you used prior, not to even mention the 11 and 11 Pro. We can expect this year models to be even better in battery efficiency even if only marginally. However, compared to the XS the difference would be huge.
Camera is awesome but it's the android experience that let's it down. Phones are much more than cameras now

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
So I've been offered 256gb iphone x as a swap which is appealing but battery health is 88%, not sure if that's not bad or not. I realise it's over 2 years i suppose.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
Use it until the battery annoys you, and then get a new one installed. It’s fairly inexpensive considering how much other parts can cost.

Reactions: compwiz1202

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
imessage
Facetime
It just "works".
Got an 11!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.