Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripleburst

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2018
"I've been offered a XS Max"
"I've been offered a XR"
"I've been offered a X"

....winds up with an 11....what is even happening?

There are noteworthy features the 11 has that are just better than what those 3 phones offer.
Same CPU and Ram as the 11 Pro, Better front camera, Better Battery, Night Mode, UW Lens, longer support.

GhettoMrBob

macrumors regular
May 21, 2014
There are noteworthy features the 11 has that are just better than what those 3 phones offer.
Same CPU and Ram as the 11 Pro, Better front camera, Better Battery, Night Mode, UW Lens, longer support.

I get that. I was more pointing out how the OP went from being offered one to the next to the next...and then winds up with something different completely.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I’m very sensitive to lag and frame drops. The closest thing that offers lag free experience is iPhone. Yes, it still drops frames sometimes, but compared to my work issued Note 9 the difference is night and day. I can’t use android just because of constant lag (queue people saying their Note/Huawei/Galaxy don’t lag)

Really? Guess you're stuck in the past mate.
Have you even tried any of the latest Android phones with the higher refresh rate screens? Compare those to your iPhone smoothness. You may be gobsmacked! Just saying.. Lol

Reactions: yui4

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
I came close to going for the S20 this year, but we get Exynos here in the UK and it did put me off honestly. Next year, if the s21 or whatever it is called doesn't have the battery/throttling issues of this years, I will consider going for it. All my family and close friends use iPhones so it'd suck losing imessage however.

Reactions: jameseld82

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I get that. I was more pointing out how the OP went from being offered one to the next to the next...and then winds up with something different completely.
Not really different I suppose but decided to upgrade and go for a new one rather than second hand that’s all

jameseld82

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
London Uk
In the past year I've gone from a XS Max to the following...

Galaxy Note 9
Huawei P30 Pro
Oneplus 7 Pro
Galaxy Note 10+

10 minutes ago I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max in Space grey.

No matter what I do Apple always pull me back in :)

Android has got so much better over the years but I need to face facts it just isn't as slick as iOS.

Reactions: iCorz87

JagRunner

Suspended
Oct 18, 2018
Houston,Texas
The last time I gave android a chance I had to return my phone because of the exploding recall. Never again. I’m sticking with iOS.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012

Galaxy Note 9
Huawei P30 Pro
Oneplus 7 Pro
Galaxy Note 10+

Android has got so much better over the years but I need to face facts it just isn't as slick as iOS.
Yeah the camera and battery life on p30 Pro were amazing but as you say not as slick as iOS

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Galaxy Note 9
Huawei P30 Pro
Oneplus 7 Pro
Galaxy Note 10+

Agreed, i can’t use android as my daily driver but it’s great tech and works very well. It’s why I going to get the note 20 plus this year as a 2nd phone and obviously also get the 12 pro max so i get the best of both worlds.

apple watch makes things impossible to not have my iphone as the daily driver. I think you see a lot of you tubers who love android but you will find a lot use iPhones as their daily drivers.
[automerge]1590231987[/automerge]
Really? Guess you're stuck in the past mate.
Have you even tried any of the latest Android phones with the higher refresh rate screens? Compare those to your iPhone smoothness. You may be gobsmacked! Just saying.. Lol
Yeah i would agree the smoothness of 120hz is very good and makes things so snappy. Performance wise android flagships are very good generally.

Hopefully Apple figure out 120hz for the pros this year as it would be a shame if it still runs 60hz in 2020. That said frame rate isn’t a deal breaker as other features IOS has would outweigh this however.

Reactions: Tsepz

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Agreed, i can’t use android as my daily driver but it’s great tech and works very well. It’s why I going to get the note 20 plus this year as a 2nd phone and obviously also get the 12 pro max so i get the best of both worlds.

apple watch makes things impossible to not have my iphone as the daily driver. I think you see a lot of you tubers who love android but you will find a lot use iPhones as their daily drivers.
[automerge]1590231987[/automerge]

Yeah i would agree the smoothness of 120hz is very good and makes things so snappy. Performance wise android flagships are very good generally.

Hopefully Apple figure out 120hz for the pros this year as it would be a shame if it still runs 60hz in 2020. That said frame rate isn’t a deal breaker as other features IOS has would outweigh this however.

Oh yes, this is something I have picked up a lot on when watching YouTube reviews. You can just tell the moment you see an Apple Watch on their wrist that they have an iPhone, I mean I know some probably have the LTE Apple Watch, but more likely they are using their iPhone with it.

Marques tends to always have an iPhone on him along with whatever Android he is testing.

Reactions: The Game 161
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.