Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

verito81

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
I read some comments about how the phone looks dated, it’s an old design, or whatever. I’m kind of swayed into that because the “full screen” thing does look nice. So much so, I was initially a little sad about the new SE.

Receiving it today, though, and all of those fears are gone. I’m coming from an original SE and haven’t used any iPhone that’s been made since. So, to me, this new SE does look nice. I like how it looks more “modern” to my eyes, because it doesn’t have the sharp edges. And, when the screen is off, the fully-black front just looks cool.

I was also originally unsure about the larger physical size of the new SE and, because I run a lot, I am still a little concerned about that because I have to carry it with me. But, in truth, the slightly larger real estate on the screen does make things - such as web pages - look a lot better than on the original SE.

I think, for all of its benefits, the slight compromise in physical size is something I’m like to be happy with from here on out.

No regrets here at all.

i also moved from an old se to this size i own an iphone 7 and it is great is better for browsing facebook for checking different content and even for whatsapp or messages in the old se the keyboard took almost the all screen while tipping and to read the conversations i had to hide the keyboard and scroll to i could see better

Reactions: JSRinUK

verito81

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
I picked one of these up so I could still have an iOS device. (Android user mainly).

Really glad I did. The older form factor is actually quite nice, biggest plus for me is that you can see your battery percentage without having to swipe down vs the Face ID notch models.

The white one looks fantastic. Finally a white back and black front!

What swayed me was the camera samples. I was hesitant upon announcement that it would be a bit disappointing given the price, but the fact that outside of low light you can’t really tell a difference between this and the 11 was the seller.

Some pics following set up.

View attachment 908780 View attachment 908781 View attachment 908782 View attachment 908783

can you share your wallpaper? Your new SE looks so beautiful

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
can you share your wallpaper? Your new SE looks so beautiful

Thank you. And yes of course!

E55E982C-4408-4466-8EFF-57E31D0AAB05.jpeg

spiderpumpkin

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2014
My 64GB white iPhone SE arrived a few hours ago. This is my first small iPhone because I previously had a a 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus and XS Max. I really like the small size for carrying around and it’s very light.

I mainly bought it as a backup phone and a smaller phone is easier to carry around on certain occasions.

I probably wouldn’t have bought it if it cost a lot but I got good deal from Xfinity Mobile. Service and phone with device credit is about $22 a month. I also will get $12 off my Comcast triple play package because I now have mobile too. So it’s like I’m getting the SE and mobile service for $10 a month.

I still have the 11 Pro max on the Upgrade Program but now I may not use it as much. For example, it weighs a ton and is like carrying a brick in my pocket compared to this SE.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
My 64GB white iPhone SE arrived a few hours ago. This is my first small iPhone because I previously had a a 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus and XS Max. I really like the small size for carrying around and it’s very light.

I mainly bought it as a backup phone and a smaller phone is easier to carry around on certain occasions.

I probably wouldn’t have bought it if it cost a lot but I got good deal from Xfinity Mobile. Service and phone with device credit is about $22 a month. I also will get $12 off my Comcast triple play package because I now have mobile too. So it’s like I’m getting the SE and mobile service for $10 a month.

I still have the 11 Pro max on the Upgrade Program but now I may not use it as much. For example, it weighs a ton and is like carrying a brick in my pocket compared to this SE.
Reply back after a week to see how much you miss the battery life of the pro.

Reactions: cabragg

SapperMike

macrumors member
May 22, 2017
Bow
Should I still be able to see previews on lock screen with a longer press on the new SE? Not working for me.

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
The modem works like a modem is supposed to. I go to areas where the reception can stuff up the XR and despite connecting to cellular, nothing loads at all. But with the SE having the same modem as the 11, in those same areas no interruption, and it’s on 4G and loads well

Thank god

spiderpumpkin

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2014
Reply back after a week to see how much you miss the battery life of the pro.
Yes, that could be a problem if I only used the SE However, I only plan to carry it with me on certain occasions like hiking or bike riding.

Also, I still plan to upgrade my iPhone 11 Pro Max to the largest iPhone 12 Pro Max or whatever it's called.

Reactions: dms_91 and LFC2020

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I picked one of these up so I could still have an iOS device. (Android user mainly).

Really glad I did. The older form factor is actually quite nice, biggest plus for me is that you can see your battery percentage without having to swipe down vs the Face ID notch models.

What swayed me was the camera samples. I was hesitant upon announcement that it would be a bit disappointing given the price, but the fact that outside of low light you can’t really tell a difference between this and the 11 was the seller.

View attachment 908780 View attachment 908781 View attachment 908782 View attachment 908783
I’m regretting getting the red one now

Reactions: Aneres11

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Is anybody buying the new SE when owning an 11 Pro just to try it and experience day to day with a home button back?

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Wow, what made you want to do that!?

I have a iPad mini 5 cellular I use for the vast majority of my online stuff. I rarely use my phone for more than actual calls and texts. So having a another large device to cart around wasn’t needed in my case.

So for me I wanted a smaller device that was more pocketable and easier to hold one handed.

davedapsirules

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2020
An upgraded phone is whatever the manufacturer chooses to call it. It can be an SE, an iPhone 9, etc. Who difference does it make?

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017

I’ve grown pretty tired of Flossy Carter, but this unboxing had me dying! For anyone who doesn’t know, he FAR prefers Android. So I knew there would be some good laughs watching him review this phone.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The modem works like a modem is supposed to. I go to areas where the reception can stuff up the XR and despite connecting to cellular, nothing loads at all. But with the SE having the same modem as the 11, in those same areas no interruption, and it’s on 4G and loads well

Thank god

one of the biggest benefits I’ve noticed. I had 3 different iPhone X’s, and they all had dead spots in the same locations. I haven’t had any of those issues with the SE.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma

I’ve grown pretty tired of Flossy Carter, but this unboxing had me dying! For anyone who doesn’t know, he FAR prefers Android. So I knew there would be some good laughs watching him review this phone.
still like that big ass chin than the stupid notch while i'm trying to watch video

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Flossy Carter is a joke and Shouldn’t even be posted on a site like this for a ‘tech review‘. Anyone that watches his channel, knows that he over exaggerates, has to use ‘witty words’ with his little quips. There’s a lot a ‘solid’ iPhone Reviewer‘s that don’t need to draw unneeded attention.

Reactions: akash.nu and dms_91

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014

Wow, those photos and composition and wallpaper setup..... Do you work in marketing? They're good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.