Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Yep, looks like the timeline for SE 3 is 2022. Which makes sense considering how many different iPhones Apple now sells from XR through to 12PM. They have every price point covered. So if you need an LCD phone now the very best option is the 11.
And if you’re like me where even the 11 gave me a headache, you’re SOL.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmy_uk

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
New battery in an 8 plus or downgrade to an SE2020 appears to be the only route for the next 12+ months then?

I'm going to concede and get an 11 ?
My 8+ is still at 99% health since it’s my 3rd one
#1 at launch
#2 after Xs Max gave me a headache
#3 after 11 gave me a headache

I dropped this phone months back, so the back glass is destroyed. It’s still working, so I really don’t have any plan in mind. Thankfully it’s not painfully slow yet, but I can’t imagine it surviving more than maybe another year before it starts to glitch out. I might try an 11 again, but I really have no plan.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
New battery in an 8 plus or downgrade to an SE2020 appears to be the only route for the next 12+ months then?

I'm going to concede and get an 11 ?
The 11 was a solid phone before the headache crept in! Almost feels like the perfect size, since it’s a bit more narrow than the 8+

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
The 11 was a solid phone before the headache crept in! Almost feels like the perfect size, since it’s a bit more narrow than the 8+
Sure although I'm not a fan of lower resolution or the thickness but I am looking forward to a faster phone, better battery life and an all screen experience.

That's if Apple can supply one without dust in the camera lenses, sharp edges, uneven volume buttons, edge shadow, uneven aluminium band, chips in paint finish.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.