Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciscomata

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Texas
Question for the Apple Fan(s) on the iPhone Upgrade Program. I'm 19 and haven't really established my credit that much. I've been hearing that when I come to upgrade my phone they are going to create another loan and cancel my old loan w/ trade-in. Is it possible to not qualify the second time and I'll just be stuck with this one loan for 24 months?

I also heard when I go in I'll have another hard credit inquiry. And lastly but not least can anyone tell me if they know if upgrades are possible on Apples website or will it have to be in-store?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Question for the Apple Fan(s) on the iPhone Upgrade Program. I'm 19 and haven't really established my credit that much. I've been hearing that when I come to upgrade my phone they are going to create another loan and cancel my old loan w/ trade-in. Is it possible to not qualify the second time and I'll just be stuck with this one loan for 24 months?

I also heard when I go in I'll have another hard credit inquiry. And lastly but not least can anyone tell me if they know if upgrades are possible on Apples website or will it have to be in-store?

It is in-store only as you will have to trade in your current phone/apply for the loan. No one is 100% sure if it will require another credit inquiry for those that had already qualified last year. Because of not knowing if it requires another hit, there probably won't be an answer to "what happens if I don't qualify a second time?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.