Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
? It’s so you know what time it is. You don’t look at the time for others “to make use of it”
I think poster meant that in US, military time is not prevelant and many people have a tough time doing the math to convert to 12-hour numbers.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
? It’s so you know what time it is. You don’t look at the time for others “to make use of it”
Seems like people asking others "what time is it?" is a rather common question.

Even that aside, when you are where it's not used then you looking at the time you need to convert it in your head which isn't heard but also won't be something natural or quick for those who never use the time because of where they live.
[doublepost=1510507097][/doublepost]
I think poster meant that in US, military time is not prevelant and many people have a tough time doing the math to convert to 12-hour numbers.
That's more or less it.

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
You can’t tell if it is day or night?

yes I can tell if it day time or night time obviously but it just one feature that I like to see (am/pm) - like I said its not big deal for you guys but it's just me who like it :)
[doublepost=1510507755][/doublepost]
Why not just use 24hr clock?

I know how to use 24-hours format especially when I'm travel. My brain seem to like 12-hrs format :D

311nonono

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2020
This is a serious problem whose potentially disastrous consequences are being casually ignored.

Example a senior citizen on a medication regiment not knowing if it's 6:10 AM or PM can, depending on medication, wind up taking double his medication and overdosing.

AM/PM had been in use for over 2000 years for a reason, but Apple apparently has a better idea.

I have advised Apple and expecting nothing. Nothing was the result.
PS: Military time is NOT a solution !

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
if you need to see AM/PM, open the Clock app and check under "World Clock"
Thanks but just to let you know this is old thread. Yes your are right about that but I don't like so many step in order to see AM/PM.

Now I've moved from iPhone X to 13 Pro Max, still not showing clock as AM/PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.