Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vbmalek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Panamá
My phone got splashed with water 18hrs ago. The screen looks like this now. The screen has to transparent blue spots in the right side and it appears as grainy, smudged all over the upper screen. It is also dimmed and has a bright line at the bottom of the screen.

08A9C227-3734-47D3-A763-12407F2BC820.jpeg

Has this happened to you? Do you know how to fix this?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I haven’t seen this myself prior. Have you already brought it to Apple or an Apple Service partner to get an estimate on the repair costs?

Vbmalek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2019
Panamá
I haven’t seen this myself prior. Have you already brought it to Apple or an Apple Service partner to get an estimate on the repair costs?
No, I have not yet. Should I bring it to an Apple store for a cost estimate? I’ve seen this in other forums, but no solution to it

Weyland Yutani

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2019
Scotland
No, I have not yet. Should I bring it to an Apple store for a cost estimate? I’ve seen this in other forums, but no solution to it

It’s always worth taking it to an Apple store as they might opt to repair it free of charge, with that said it looks like your screen is cracked? So if they don’t repair it for free you’re looking at a screen replacement for starters and that’s likely to be around $199, if the water has damaged anything else then you’re likely looking at $399. Hopefully Apple will opt to repair it for free, just be really nice when you visit the store and talk about how devastated you are and how much you love your phone, and you might sway them into a free repair.

Reactions: Willywy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.