Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Refasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Good Morning

I might get a chance to change my Iphone XR, and i need opinions about what is more worth the look. I like the Xs Max for the screen sice but i dont know if i will be missing so many new thigs.

Thanks for your answers.

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
With the 11 you get a better camera. 1gb more RAM and newer processor.

With the XS Max you get a slightly better camera, 1gb more RAM, same processor, but a MUCH better screen.

The difference in CPU performance between the A12 and the A13 is negligible.

The iPhone XR and the 11 feel like the same phone because it’s the same phone with a better camera. What new things are you talking about?

Get the XS Max. Not even close.

You’ll get more out of the OLED than out of the A13.

Get the NeuralCam app and you got night photography.

Reactions: Refasin

Refasin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
thanks for the help guys, about new things i mean the night mode the "spatial audio" the deep fusion and things like that..

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
I’d rather have the Max. Larger screen is more important to me. Like others have said there are apps that recreate night mode pretty amazingly long exposure + A12 can do amazing things.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
Go for the 11. Better camera, battery life and processor. This year’s lcd screens are more consistent than ever, great white point and uniformity.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
11 all day every day. Night mode is fantastic and I'd rather have the built-in option from the stock camera than some third party app.

808drums

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
I’d rather have the Max. Larger screen is more important to me. Like others have said there are apps that recreate night mode pretty amazingly long exposure + A12 can do amazing things.

Do you use camera a lot? Because we all get excited about the new camera features but... in a week of usage I probably will forget about. The XS Max offers better screen and construction.
What you need is a larger screen or a better camera?
If you can’t decide... go with which one is cheaper. The iOS experience is the same.

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
Do you use camera a lot? Because we all get excited about the new camera features but... in a week of usage I probably will forget about. The XS Max offers better screen and construction.
What you need is a larger screen or a better camera?
If you can’t decide... go with which one is cheaper. The iOS experience is the same.
I do, I upgraded every year for the new cameras. Sadly my dog passed so I don’t have nearly as much use for an upgraded camera anymore, I’ll probably hang on to my XS max for awhile.

For awhile I made my family calendars of our dogs every year, and every year with the new phone the photos got noticeably better. I’d take the nicer and bigger screen of the max over the standard 11 though, and it takes some great pictures still.

roanmy

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
XS Max, unless canera is hugely important, and even then, like some people mentioned, there are apps.

My reason is simply that Xs Max offers a larger, and much, much better display.

battery is also good on Xs Max

Reactions: Tsepz

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Good Morning

I might get a chance to change my Iphone XR, and i need opinions about what is more worth the look. I like the Xs Max for the screen sice but i dont know if i will be missing so many new thigs.

Thanks for your answers.
I would say: none of the above.
If you are happy about your iPhone XR (and you should be), keep it until next year.

Tart8723

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2019
XS Max, unless canera is hugely important, and even then, like some people mentioned, there are apps.

My reason is simply that Xs Max offers a larger, and much, much better display.

battery is also good on Xs Max

Waht are those camera apps?

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I would say neither. I went XS to 11Pro because I’m a photographer who’s increasing his repertoire in DSLR and digital cameras. I also bought it because of the much improved battery, brightness, new finish, and such. For me it was worth it. The XR is more well-rounded compared to the XS(Max), but it just lacks the OLED and telephoto. Going to the 11 is pretty pointless and spending money on the XS Max is somewhat pointless when you can wait until next year to see what the new options are.

the iPhone 12 could finally transition 6.1 models to OLED. If not, just get the 12 Pro Max upon release or a discounted 11 Pro Max. You have a XR, so there is a lot of leeway with your options, but not necessarily based on the two options you present in your post.

Reactions: faraine
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.