Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
The only option here is Xs Max or stay with the Xr unless the camera is extremely important to you. The display on the Max is the best!

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
The only option here is Xs Max or stay with the Xr unless the camera is extremely important to you. The display on the Max is the best!
This.

if keeping the XR until next year’s iPhone is not an option, then get the XS Max.

You will be disappointed with the 11, as it is the same phone as the XR you already have, except for the camera upgrade.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't agree. The 11's battery is significantly better than my XS was.

It makes difficult to disagree when you don’t assert why battery life is ‘significantly better’. Battery life is subjective, each user will experience different battery algorithms based on settings and overall usage. It doesn’t matter how much Apple claims batteries that are ‘bigger/better’ every year for every iPhone model, it’s all user settings and overall usage that makes the difference.

faraine

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2018
Keep the XR for another year, it's a great phone.
The rumors say 2020 will bring significant changes to the iphones, design and functionalities.

I bought the 11 Pro Max for my wife to replace hers 3yo iphone 7 32Gb, only because my son will born next month and she wants a better camera to take photos and movies of him.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
It makes difficult to disagree when you don’t assert why battery life is ‘significantly better’. Battery life is subjective, each user will experience different battery algorithms based on settings and overall usage. It doesn’t matter how much Apple claims batteries that are ‘bigger/better’ every year for every iPhone model, it’s all user settings and overall usage that makes the difference.

Well I haven't done any scientific testing so I can only report that it's noticeably better to me (and others that have mentioned this). I didn't notice any difference when I went from X to XS. From XS to 11 Pro it was very noticeable. Apple officially says "Up to 4 more hrs of battery life with iPhone 11 Pro, Up to 5 more hrs of battery life with iPhone 11 Pro Max".

I wrote this in a post recently: "The battery life is massively improved. Last night I used Google Maps for 90 minutes without the phone being plugged in and I was at 86% battery when I arrived."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.