Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with the Xs Max and do you keep it?

• Yes

Votes: 181 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 15.0%

• Total voters

iApPel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Hi all!

After pre-ordering the Xs Max with delivery 21th sept, I still cannot decide between the Xs and the Max.
I really love the big screen of the 6.5" Max and I love the form factor of the Xs 5.8". But when I pickup a Xs, it suddenly seems so small after I have used the Max. What would you do? See also the poll, thank you.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
It’s a mixed bag for personally. I do t think I realized how much I value the smaller size of the X. The Max is great for watching video but doesn’t fit well in my pocket. I’m keeping the Max for another number of days to see of I change my mind.

chz

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2017
I upgraded from X to Xs Max and I love it. The Max is just better for me in every way, which is high praise, given that the X was the best phone I've ever had.

Reactions: Zord and iApPel

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Upgraded from an X to the Max and love it. The screen is awesome. I hated the wasted space at the top and bottom of the older phones.

Reactions: iApPel

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I wonder for those that got the Max under iUP did it because they wanted the screen size, or did it because it was a few more dollars per month.

iApPel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
I wonder for those that got the Max under iUP did it because they wanted the screen size, or did it because it was a few more dollars per month.

I did not get the Max under iUP but for those who did I think maybe both options(?)

Sugadaddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Terrible WiFi reception and average LTE reception in my case.

Everything else is perfect, but unless a software update improves things before my 2 week return window, I’ll be sending it back.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Freakin awesome, I love it. I just found out that you can zoom in accessibility settings, coupled with slightly larger font this phone is awesome for my crappy eyes. I'm a bit concerned about the reception issues though, hopefully they get resolved in a software update.

Reactions: decypher44

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
The Max is what I've wanted for the past year. The X was great, but I wanted that edge to edge screen in the Plus size. The Max fits well in my hand, pants pocket (dress slacks, jeans, shorts, whatever), and shirt pocket. I see a lot of complaints about not being able to use the Max one-handed, but I remember that being a big complaint about the X last year, too. Did people find that they could use the X one-handed, or are they forgetting that they mostly used it with 2 hands? Anyway, the X was mostly a 2-hand device for me, so there was no big adjustment moving to the Max for me.

I've missed the Plus sized phones for the past year, and I'm glad to be back!

Last edited:

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
I upgraded from an X . Amazing screen, sound, and fast. The creaking and popping drove me nuts. After three replacements (same batch in the store) I decided to give up and buy an Xs. I had already sold my X. My bad luck. Maybe next year.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I was okay with the bigger screen size, but I also wanted more RAM, better Face ID 2, better camera, better battery, and better LTE speeds. For only $4 more a month, it was an easy call.

4 more per month plus another 600 that you could’ve sold an iPhone X for later. No problems upgrading but it costs more than the ones in “programs” think.

Reactions: tonybarnaby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.