Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with the Xs Max and do you keep it?

• Yes

Votes: 181 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 15.0%

• Total voters

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
From 8+—>XS Max. I’m loving all of this screen real estate. Much better for watching video and reading articles. Feels like I went from SD to HD by how smooth shows and movies look on this thing. My gripes with Face ID were unfounded. Works great for me and is smooth. Just seeing this screen without a home button helps me understand why Jony Ive envisioned a slab of glass that would become whatever the user wanted it to be.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I would've kept the max if it was lighter. Extended use is straining on my pinky. Also I can't swipe from the bottom and top without playing finger gymnastics.

Reactions: bhodinut and iApPel

razmonster

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2017
11372↔️90254
i upgraded from an X which was the largest phone i had used up til now. It's funny i haven't even felt like it's much of a difference until i picked up my old X last night randomly.

i had always wondered if i would like the larger screen so i decided to give it a shot this year. im not sure. i don't dislike it but i don't love it either and i really don't watch alot of media on my phone. I think maybe if i found more use for the size it'll be more enjoyable

iApPel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
I LOVE the size but am struggling to find a case I love, my hands are tiny

Try the Totallee case?

I am swapping out my Max for a XS tomorrow. I got it for media consumption but now I'm realizing that I watch all my media at home and I'll use much bigger screens for that. The XS feels more comfortable to hold and use for communication and social media.

I also watch my media, Netflix, YouTube on my iPad but on the Max it is also awesome! I think the Max is a bit too heavy and I hope I get used to it

Last edited:

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I am not sure what your point is. I am on an upgrade plan. I paid $492 for my X over the last 12 months, I'll pay $540 for the next 12 months with my Max.

Plus tax on the full price. Plus the cost of new cases (which will likely be obsolete on the 2019 phones). Plus the upgrade payment since the X came out in November last year.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Hoping they do more next year to make the max better. Having the same features as the smaller phone shouldn’t be cheered (unless you’re an Xs user). More space. More real estate. Guess what I’m saying is apple needs to define what a 6.5” phone could be instead of a bigger version of a smaller phone. Apple had it right when the plus versions had better camera, etc.

Then again they may be eying yet another higher tier with a pro version. Who knows

iApPel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
I am swapping out my Max for a XS tomorrow. I got it for media consumption but now I'm realizing that I watch all my media at home and I'll use much bigger screens for that. The XS feels more comfortable to hold and use for communication and social media.
That is a flat out amazing ad. It almoooost makes me want to go for the Max vs the regular XS.

I believe bigger is a new vision of Apple

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Hoping they do more next year to make the max better. Having the same features as the smaller phone shouldn’t be cheered (unless you’re an Xs user). More space. More real estate. Guess what I’m saying is apple needs to define what a 6.5” phone could be instead of a bigger version of a smaller phone. Apple had it right when the plus versions had better camera, etc.

Then again they may be eying yet another higher tier with a pro version. Who knows

Don't hold your breath, it took until iOS 11 before they enhanced the iPad beyond a big iPhone/iPod Touch
[doublepost=1538222020][/doublepost]
I believe bigger is a new vision of Apple

Bigger, and thinner.... soon you'll need to wear the iGauntlet to stop you slicing your fingers off when holding their devices.....

iApPel

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Don't hold your breath, it took until iOS 11 before they enhanced the iPad beyond a big iPhone/iPod Touch
[doublepost=1538222020][/doublepost]

Bigger, and thinner.... soon you'll need to wear the iGauntlet to stop you slicing your fingers off when holding their devices.....

"Our best iGauntlet" lol

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Wife and I are loving ours. Can’t put it down. Came from the 8+ and we really really like it. Not having any problems with reception. Reading on this phone is so nice. Spent 5+ hours reading yesterday. Battery was still above 70%!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.