Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
...or that I shouldn't have my cell phone in my pocket while I look at the stars, beecuase the cosmic rays and the cell phone signals join up to give me moon cancer...

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
Originally posted by xrhajj

Uhhhh....I hope you know that you shouldn't be using your mobile phone while pumping gas....because the pump could explode!!!

Here in Vegas, we have signs next to the pumps!!!

Just to let ya know.;)

where does shadowfax0 live? i wouldn't want to pump gas when he is around . :D

i am moving out of town. ;)

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
headset profile speed?!

swexplorer,
Indeed the speed is 723kbps but the headset profile doesnt support that kinda speed in Bluetooth, its actually alot slower than that. With the aid of compression and streaming digital voice, music might be a little unclear for BT version 1.1b.

go to the bluetooth SIG site to find out more of what the data rates are on BT headset profile for BT version 1.1b.

Raiden

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2002
I would be willing to sacrifice some transfer speed for wireless transfers. Even if it takes twice as long, it would be worth it in my eyes. Whats waiting a few minutes in the morning while your ipod transfers wirelessly while eating breakfast and surfin the net on an imac?

The headphones are a good idea, but wouldnt they get lost easily? Someone could steal them and use them with their ipod? And I definatly dont want to be heavy on my head.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
No back yard for me

Well I dont got a back yard which really sucks!

But info on the best quality BT headsets right now is the BlueSpoon which are the lightest less than 7.5grams and has the longest talktime at 7 hours, and best voice quality.

Speed that I was talking about was in referrance--spelt it wrong I know-to the connection of music through BT to the headsets. not for file transfer. File transfer via FireWire is truely a godsend, and for anyone needing an iPod for a whole music box or personal disk jockey then BT would really hurt them. Guess your alone on this take, or you already made your million and have nowhere to go in a hurry, ;) :D .

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.