Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
mrzippy said:
Has anyone else had any luck getting one from the London store?

Maybe the 2 weeks is a guesstimate.

I was just in there, and the sales assistants are all wearing them, but there didn't seem to be any actually on sale.

pZsolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Any update

Folks,

Does any of you has some news about the availablity of iPod Shuffle in London? Need to buy the ticket to get over, but if it is not available, then I will just stay in Paris, and buy one via the webstrore.

Cheers,

pZsolt

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
Please someone post when there is availability in London, I can get there virtually any day and my partner works in London too.

I want an iPod Shuffle :)

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
well, i asked yesterday and one of the guys seemed pretty sure that they were going to get a massive/large shipment next wednesday (26th) of both models..

:)

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
asif786 said:
well, i asked yesterday and one of the guys seemed pretty sure that they were going to get a massive/large shipment next wednesday (26th) of both models..

:)

Arrgghhh no, I'll be in London on the 25th, this is typical of my luck! Maybe I should crash for the night at a friends house hmmmm.... :rolleyes:

Please keep the updates coming people...

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
I got my 512mb shuffle at the store last Thursday evening, they had just had a box delivered and where selling them from behind the counter, there where none on display and no signs at the time, you just had to ask. It's awesome, well worth the £69. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Sly said:
I got my 512mb shuffle at the store last Thursday evening, they had just had a box delivered and where selling them from behind the counter, there where none on display and no signs at the time, you just had to ask. It's awesome, well worth the £69. :)

Sly by name, sly by nature...

Good on you :)

(jealous)

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
:D :D :cool: :p

Attachments

• ipod S..jpg
    ipod S..jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 197

pZsolt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
iPod Shuffle Delivery time in Webstore Changed

Folks,

In case you do not know, the previous 2 weeks delivery time had changed in the French Webstore to 3-4 weeks (do not say, it is the fault of the French :))

I will still try to get one, lets have fingers x-ed.

TT4N

pZsolt

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
Got mine today in the London store :)

Only had 512mb models, expecting 1 GB models next weekend, along with the Mac mini, iLife 05, iWork and the iPod shuffle accessories.

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 177

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
What's it like? Went in today myself, but was mainly looking for ilife. Didn't notice any shuffles on sale though....

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
Gee said:
What's it like? Went in today myself, but was mainly looking for ilife. Didn't notice any shuffles on sale though....

All behind the tills on the back desk, got 2 at about 1pm.

I went back at 8pm and overheard someone being told they had sold 500, and just found another box - which I could see on the floor behind the till.

As for what it is like, WOW !

I can't believe it is so small, USB2 transfer is really fast and audio quality is excellent, just need the dock now to finish it off.

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
One suggestion I'd like to make is being able to set the EQ for the iPod shuffle from within iTunes.

The sound quality is excellent, but I always normally boost the treble a bit - just the way I like things, but you cannot do this on the iPod shuffle.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
mrzippy said:
One suggestion I'd like to make is being able to set the EQ for the iPod shuffle from within iTunes.

The sound quality is excellent, but I always normally boost the treble a bit - just the way I like things, but you cannot do this on the iPod shuffle.

If you do 'get info' ont he song, and change the EQ from there, wont it carry over to the shuffle? That's what the iPod does, so maybe it will do to..

I'm going in to get one today. I hope to god that they have one :/

/asif

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
asif786 said:
If you do 'get info' ont he song, and change the EQ from there, wont it carry over to the shuffle? That's what the iPod does, so maybe it will do to..

/asif

Do let us know how you got on.

Want a 1gb one myself, could order one from the online store but that doesn't satisfy the shopping thrill of taking it home immediately and playing with it...

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
asif786 said:

/asif

Just tested a song one EQ- none, duplicate EQ- rock, both sound the same.

Anyway I said the sound is excellent, it's just personal preference, but then again that is the whole point of an EQ :)

Steve Jobs did say the firmware is up-dateable, so I imaging this can either be added per song or a setting in the iPod Preferences in iTunes easily.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
just an update...

there were no ipod shuffles available today at the apple store london.

staff there said that they were definitely getting a big delivery in on the 29th, and may get smaller deliveries during the week..

:(

/asif

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
asif786 said:
just an update...

there were no ipod shuffles available today at the apple store london.

staff there said that they were definitely getting a big delivery in on the 29th, and may get smaller deliveries during the week..

:(

/asif

Bummmmerrrrr... but good that they're on their way soon.

MemphisSoulStew

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
UK
I'll be going up on Tuesday for the .Mac presentation, so I'm hoping they'll have more in then. I may have to get there extra early...

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I went into London on Saturday morning and poped into the London store on the way to the British Museum, doing the tourist bit whilst I have a work flat down in London :p it was about 11:00am and i bought OSX.3 because I lost my G5's restore disk :( anyway they had a stack of them only behind the tills, so I asked him if I could see one, he pulled one up so i bought it! :p 512mb £69..... it's amazing little thing... sounds good but sounds fantastic with my Senheiser 212pro's .... thing is.. i already have a 3rd Gen iPod and my little sister was wow'd by the shuffle, so was my mum.... even to the extent she's buying one for when she's at the gym (totally non technical i can assure you!!)

Anyway I gave it my sister! :)

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
I'm going to make another attempt to go today (but its just sooo cold :( )

I was a bit annoyed to see that there were around 3 shuffles reserved for customers, but when I asked to reserve one on friday, I was told they dont do reserves/customer holds.

That store really needs to brief their staff properly. Half were saying 'Yep, we have shuffles, behind the counter' and half were saying 'no, we've run out'.

That's really not an experience anyone should have while visiting an Apple store..

/asif

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
That is quite annoying how they won't allow you to reserve at the store, i really want my Shuffle this week because my online order isn't coming till about 15th Feb.
I am going to try and reserve some for this saturday, hopefully by then they would have had a few large shipments in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.